Author Topic: Bitshares Simplification Ideas  (Read 1255 times)

Offline xh3

• View Profile
    • Bit-Cents
How about I$ in the GUI.  I$ in the convention of AUD -A$  CAD C$ etc.  I$ could stand for Internet Dollars or Invictus Dollars.  bitUSD is a good slogan, I'm just wondering if there's a way that the distinction can be moved to the background....when I look at my bank balance, the fact that I'm not actually looking at USD is hidden.  Maybe this is best practices in banking?  Just a thought.

Anyone else think that the "Use Bitshares as"  Idea is good?

It would allow people to chose the function set in a manner they already understand (from Facebook).  Also as people added more functionalities, you could "subscribe" to each function, allowing you to choose it from a pull down menu.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Hello :-)  I wanted to see if anyone out there had ideas for how to streamline the new Bitshares, and also I'd like to share some ideas i've had.  In my opinion  the key to adoption is simplicity.  We need to provide people with certainty and cognitive ease when using our product. We should be striving to project a zen-like simplicity, a Feng shui of sorts.

So, since there are so many aspects to the new Bitshares, what if we made a "Use Bitshares As"  function like in Facebook.

What if we dropped the "bit" in bitUSD?  just a simple thing so simple users don't have to define a distinction between bitUSD and USD.  maybe it could be .USD or bitbucks or just dollars (a dollar is a unit of measure).  Just a thought.

Also it might be cool if someone created a pegged asset that was tied to the value of a dollar in 2014.  That way people who want to hedge have something even more stable than the dollar or gold.  There is some South-American country that has a unit like that Chile maybe?  I can't remember.

what if we wrote in futures contracts?

I actually think dropping the Bit in BitUSD is a good idea at least in the GUI but when we refer to it we should still refer to it as BitUSD to distinguish it from NoteUSD.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xh3

• View Profile
    • Bit-Cents
Hello :-)  I wanted to see if anyone out there had ideas for how to streamline the new Bitshares, and also I'd like to share some ideas i've had.  In my opinion  the key to adoption is simplicity.  We need to provide people with certainty and cognitive ease when using our product. We should be striving to project a zen-like simplicity, a Feng shui of sorts.

So, since there are so many aspects to the new Bitshares, what if we made a "Use Bitshares As"  function like in Facebook.

What if we dropped the "bit" in bitUSD?  just a simple thing so simple users don't have to define a distinction between bitUSD and USD.  maybe it could be .USD or bitbucks or just dollars (a dollar is a unit of measure).  Just a thought.

Also it might be cool if someone created a pegged asset that was tied to the value of a dollar in 2014.  That way people who want to hedge have something even more stable than the dollar or gold.  There is some South-American country that has a unit like that Chile maybe?  I can't remember.

what if we wrote in futures contracts?