Author Topic: Meetup and Employment Announcement  (Read 1819 times)

Offline Rune

• View Profile
We need a highly transparent and efficient framework for having developers integrate themselves autonomously into the greater development effort through dialogue with the community and existing employees. When we revamp the forum we can have a board with more clear structure that is intended for the organization of all new developers.

Like I say everywhere else: We need to get all developers in the entire crypto space. There is not a single competent blockchain developer whose time and effort is better spend working for anything else than directly for the blockchain.

Offline jamesc

I second jcalfee1's enthusiasm over bitshares.  I could never wrap my head around bitcoins, but bitshares makes perfect sense.  I have easily recruited others to invest in BTSX and PTS because it is such a great story.  It will become even easier for investors to wrap their heads around bitshares as they acquire PTS and AGS and simplify to BTS.

From an investor standpoint, one of the most frustrating experiences is with the exchanges and even coinmarketcap.com.  My idea would be to provide an interface that simplifies everything and provides more functionality (perhaps in a wallet).  Something as simple as having a trend chart in USD would help as coinmarketcap and BTER use a relationship back to a highly volatile BTC.  Converting numbers back and forth is just one more thing to do, and it keeps people from investing because it adds yet another layer of complexity.  I could care less what BTC is doing and quite simply there are just too many 0's.  Also, it would be great if there were user friendly tools, such as with tdameritrade, to set stop losses.  All of this will happen with time by someone.  I just believe that wrapping a user friendly interface around the bitshares ecosystem and experience will be valuable beyond belief to acquiring new users and investments.  Create a super highway and they will come.

Shane

Hey Brother!  Lets have a call this weekend!  Thanks for all your support.  We all appreciate it.

Offline jamesc

How about instant messaging and chat functionality so we don't have to communicate via this forum when talking about trading? Trollbox functionality seems to increase volume

How about off the record encryption integration for instant messages and email?

https://otr.cypherpunks.ca/

Mail will have messages or transactions...  which one is known only to the sender and recipient.

Offline jamesc

Glad to hear from you.

A friend want to build a light wallet for BitShares, just like blockchain.info

Do we still have any plans about that in near future? Specifically about the TITAN scan transactions requirement, seems mail system is going to ready for that? Would love to here more about this.

Thanks.

The mail system is not ready for production but it looks very good to me.  Nathan and Dan have done an amazing job making something that is very simple.  Naturally we find things that need to be improved.   The architecture is there that lets me move forward.  I report the bugs as I find them and mostly have to reverse engineer the messages and will even have to form the transactions because the signing must happen in the browser.  There are three of us now working on the HTML and JavaScript so this is good because there is a lot to do.

Offline scalfee

• View Profile
I second jcalfee1's enthusiasm over bitshares.  I could never wrap my head around bitcoins, but bitshares makes perfect sense.  I have easily recruited others to invest in BTSX and PTS because it is such a great story.  It will become even easier for investors to wrap their heads around bitshares as they acquire PTS and AGS and simplify to BTS.

From an investor standpoint, one of the most frustrating experiences is with the exchanges and even coinmarketcap.com.  My idea would be to provide an interface that simplifies everything and provides more functionality (perhaps in a wallet).  Something as simple as having a trend chart in USD would help as coinmarketcap and BTER use a relationship back to a highly volatile BTC.  Converting numbers back and forth is just one more thing to do, and it keeps people from investing because it adds yet another layer of complexity.  I could care less what BTC is doing and quite simply there are just too many 0's.  Also, it would be great if there were user friendly tools, such as with tdameritrade, to set stop losses.  All of this will happen with time by someone.  I just believe that wrapping a user friendly interface around the bitshares ecosystem and experience will be valuable beyond belief to acquiring new users and investments.  Create a super highway and they will come.

Shane

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
How about instant messaging and chat functionality so we don't have to communicate via this forum when talking about trading? Trollbox functionality seems to increase volume

How about off the record encryption integration for instant messages and email?

https://otr.cypherpunks.ca/
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
Glad to hear from you.

A friend want to build a light wallet for BitShares, just like blockchain.info

Do we still have any plans about that in near future? Specifically about the TITAN scan transactions requirement, seems mail system is going to ready for that? Would love to here more about this.

Thanks.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline jamesc

MEETUP

I finally had a chance to get out last night.  I'm in South Florida and we have a Fort Lauderdale Bitcoin meetup group.  Our group had something like 100 yBitcoin magazines which all had Brian Page and Daniel Larimer in them!!!  We had a great time talking about Bitshares.. 

Many good questions were directed at me as they know me as the Bitshares guy.  At one point, I was called out as doing a great job selling the product.  I simply re-assured him that I have nothing on Brian Page.  The youtube videos that get linked on the forum must be rubbing off.

Finally, I have to bring it up: there were several references to Warren Buffett and buy and hold strategies.  I don't believe that Warren is so much into technology but still I believe his ideas and morals are sound.   We idealize this a bit as it is very easy to apply them to the various assets and coins on the market.  With buy and hold as a whole, we can achieve far greater returns and price stability.  Standard disclaimer: I am also invested in Bitshares, ags, and pts…

ANNOUNCEMENT

In September, I started working for Invictus as a full-time developer on the Web Wallet.  My primary goal is to provide solid encryption schemes for Bitshares in the browser.  For this, I have a strong background in server-side coding and a real appreciation for computer languages and programming frameworks. 

Additionally, I am willing and happily work on any task the community or team requires.  These needs have already involved Web Wallet GUI changes.  In my time so far I am happy to have worked on the following:

-Improved browser performance
-Made many bug fixes and cleaned up code
-Added JavaScript decryption and verification working with the native bitshares_toolkit
-Added a private testnet for the web wallet; this operates free from noise or other testing that may interfere
-Mailbox messaging browser support is off to a great start

This has so far given me deeper insight into the architecture of Bitshares.  I often walk around thinking wow this is some really amazing stuff… 

I look forward to reading more of your great ideas on the forums…

-Jimmy