Author Topic: Dedicated Protoshare Mining Rigs  (Read 8520 times)

Offline bytemaster

We have mining rigs that cost $400 each... not good for much else. 

With GPU mining on the horizon you will want to wait until the best GPU algorithms are ready before investing capital there.

True... except these rigs can be used for other things. Plus, wasn't the point of protoshares that you can't do GPU mining :(... I've been hoping for an only CPU coin forever now.
The GPU rigs are on par with high-end Dual Xeon rigs so we are very close.  Momentum 2.0 will close that gap further.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bitshirehashaway

• View Profile

With GPU mining on the horizon you will want to wait until the best GPU algorithms are ready before investing capital there.

True... except these rigs can be used for other things. Plus, wasn't the point of protoshares that you can't do GPU mining :(... I've been hoping for an only CPU coin forever now.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bitshirehashaway

• View Profile
Hello Everyone,
Those interested can buy dedicated protoshare mining rigs. The rigs delivery time will be ~2 weeks from payment received time. I'll take the payment. Get the parts, and put it together. Setup the OS (as part of your payment give me a user and os password) - download the necessary miners for ypool mining (create shortcuts all that) - stress test it for a day, and then send it to you.

Parts
Corsair Builder Series CX 430 Watt ATX/EPS  80 PLUS
Asus 24x DVD-RW Serial-ATA Internal OEM Optical Drive
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound 3.5 Grams
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan
WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive: 3.5 Inch, 7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache
Corsair Vengeance 8GB (1x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.5 GHZ 8 MB Cache
MSI Computer Corp. Motherboard ATX DDR3 1333 LGA 1150 Motherboards
Cooler Master HAF 912 - Mid Tower Computer Case with High Airflow
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (OEM) System Builder DVD 1 Pack
Logitech Desktop MK120 Mouse and keyboard Combo
6FT SVGA VGA Monitor MM Male To Male Extension Cable 80
Acer G236HL Bbd 23-Inch Screen LCD-Lit Monitor

Total Cost: $1000.00

This is not a bad desktop in general let alone a miner. You could quite easily just set the miner to use 7 threads instead of 8 and using the additional core have a decent desktop. Plus it has 1TB of storage so it could also be used as a backup system + mining.

The total cost of $1000 is required via paypal + you must pay for shipping from my house to yours (you can pay for as fast shipping as you would like).