Author Topic: Longtime Investor - I am out  (Read 15960 times)

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Sorry to hear that man.  We definitely are not perfect...but I hope we are working toward improving.

As ridiculous as it sounds, we actually ARE perfect. Or rather, we have our hands on the perfect economic system. It will grow, acquire all competition and integrate it transparently into its own organizational structure in a way that increases utility for everyone involved. The moment we gain the tiniest amount of network effect we will become unstoppable and eventually acquire all assets on the planet.

Offline fuzzy

Sorry to hear that man.  We definitely are not perfect...but I hope we are working toward improving. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
If this is a NXT shill, then so be it. On the off chance that this guy isn't a shill, please remember to be polite and nice to everyone no matter their opinions. We're a massive 45 million USD company, and we need to act like it - by always being professional and polite. It's vital that we manage to transform our community away from the cesspool that is the bitcoin community.

I'm curious, how did you find out about Bitshares? What "selling points" attracted you to this particular crypto?

Was a reddit post you made on /r/bitcoinmarkets :P

You mentioned DPOS, and somehow I didn't write it off as another shitcoin scam, but actually went to look up what it was, and once I realised how powerful DPOS is I was hooked.

Wow! Looks like that AMA did some good. I'm planning to put up a reddit ad in /r/bitcoinmarkets explaining what Bitshares is all about, wanna help out? Pay it forward to the Bitcoinmarkets crowd :) Now if only we could get Moral Agent in here!

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
If this is a NXT shill, then so be it. On the off chance that this guy isn't a shill, please remember to be polite and nice to everyone no matter their opinions. We're a massive 45 million USD company, and we need to act like it - by always being professional and polite. It's vital that we manage to transform our community away from the cesspool that is the bitcoin community.

This is an outstanding point.  It is especially true now that BitShares SuperDAC is taking over as the only actual company and I3 is fading into the background.  This forum will be the only human face of the company.  We are all ambassadors now.   :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Rune

• View Profile

I'm curious, how did you find out about Bitshares? What "selling points" attracted you to this particular crypto?

Was a reddit post you made on /r/bitcoinmarkets :P

You mentioned DPOS, and somehow I didn't write it off as another shitcoin scam, but actually went to look up what it was, and once I realised how powerful DPOS is I was hooked.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
On the off chance that this guy isn't a shill, I would suggest they listens to the mumble. 'Longtime Investor' isn't a long time investor, if they get shaken by good steps forward. Come back in 10 years and talk about long term.

Couldn't agree more.  Bitshares is 5 minutes old and things are only just getting interesting!

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
all the best to you.

Lets see if transparent forging works.  Otherwise NXT is nothing compared to bitshares.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Peter Lynch, hehe, nice one.  And I am actually Satoshi and I will soon dump my bitcoins for bitshares. :P
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline davidpbrown

On the off chance that this guy isn't a shill, I would suggest they listens to the mumble. 'Longtime Investor' isn't a long time investor, if they get shaken by good steps forward. Come back in 10 years and talk about long term.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
I've posted on this forum under a pseudonym before.  I feel it is necessary to share my opinion with others regarding the recent events.

I've been a longtime investor and believer in Bitshares.  I was following I3 before Protoshares was released.  I stayed up late and mined PTS from day one.  I bought AGS and BTSX.  I too wanted to see BTSX succeed.

Throughout the past couple of months, I've seen things which have made me uneasy about I3 and their intentions towards investors, but I kept quiet, hoping I was wrong.  It's become abundantly clear with their recent decision that I3 is only looking out for their own interests at the expense of their investors/supporters.  This is unfortunate.  I believed their word and took the social contract at face value.  I thought they were honest and trustworthy and under this logic advised others to invest in BTSX.  I cannot sit by any longer and support what I believe is simply a long con on investors.

To this end, I have accumulated a large position in PTS/AGS/BTSX which I will be liquidating.  I will attempt to do this slowly as to not erode my wealth and others.  I wish this community all the best and I do hope you are successful in your goals.  I initially got interested in Bitshares because I thought it was going to be the next Bitcoin.  I do not believe this anymore.  I have studied crypto extensively and come to the conclusion that NXT has the biggest chance of becoming the next Bitcoin.  This is where I will be allocating my capital.

Peter

Newbee Claims to be Napoleon, Makes the Cows Moo.

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Offline PeterLynch

• View Profile
If you are serious, you're going to look back on this as the biggest mistake of your life. I'm not an old-timer like you claim to be, but I see nothing but critical thinkers around here. We are NOT sheep. If something completely unfair was being done, we would be the FIRST to call bytemaster and co out on it.

I wish you luck in your future investments. After you liquidate, enjoy your profits.

Thank you.  I will enjoy my profits.  I'd suggest to others that they do the same.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
See ya. Pity we never knew ya. Enjoy your cigar and the afternoon mails.

While you're at it, see if mom can give you a ride to the concert. Hey, who took the Cheetos?

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
It was the nxt plug at the end that really made it special....