Author Topic: when can release NO TITAN BTS for exchange site such as btc38 bter&yunbi?  (Read 2111 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Not in the api yet ..

You can do the same as in bitcoin

Pubkey -> address
Send money to adress .. use pubkey from account name ... everyone can verify addess holding ..

What I am asking specifically is can addresses be handled like bitcoin?  Could you create numerous addresses per wallet.  I don't want to get rid of TITAN but it really really needs to be made optional and we need a bitcoin compatible API.

I cometely agree. Coopting Bitcoins infrastructure will be much easier with TITAN as an option and not the default. Just think how hard it is to get funds out of an exchange and into the wallet. It's a big issue.

IMO a lot is said by the fact that we have largest altcoin marketcap outside litecoin but I don't even know of any crypto sites that take the currency outside exchanges.  I don't exactly sit around browsing altcoin accepting websites but you would expect that by now we'd see more ..  The value provided by accepting BTSX doesn't seem to be worth it at this time.  Also not that many people care about TITAN I suspect.  TITAN seems likely to become more important in the future but right now we are shooting ourselves in the foot.  I am not saying that having a bitcoind like wallet api (is it called api?) will be some cure-all but it will allow us to start mingling with crypto-coin world like a fellow member.  I've thought this from the very beginning and was let down to hear it wasn't compatible upon release. 
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Not in the api yet ..

Pubkey -> address
Send money to adress .. use pubkey from account name ... everyone can verify addess holding ..

What I am asking specifically is can addresses be handled like bitcoin?  Could you create numerous addresses per wallet.  I don't want to get rid of TITAN but it really really needs to be made optional and we need a bitcoin compatible API.

I cometely agree. Coopting Bitcoins infrastructure will be much easier with TITAN as an option and not the default. Just think how hard it is to get funds out of an exchange and into the wallet. It's a big issue.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Not in the api yet ..

Pubkey -> address

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Not in the api yet ..

Pubkey -> address

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
user→exchange

1.id → long address
2.id → id
3.long address →id
4.long address→ long address

if 1.id → long address  & 4. long address→ long address
can verify  the exchange‘s  balance?
i heard  have  API
but  no  Command in console?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 10:13:34 am by sudo »

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Would the blockchain support a bitcoin like wallet?  So we could go back to not using TITAN for those who want a drop in replacement for bitcoind ?

Offline sudo

• View Profile
Blockchain supports it.

is that mean   when exchange   announcement the  LONG  ADDRESS (like BTSX7okMm96YR7pgkHD64Taz5B69zH7QZkvfg5BEWFsA3GVfiwSPsG ) instead of
btc38-btsx-octo-72722(btc38)  ?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Once we open the floodgates for developers to work directly for the blockchain, every low hanging fruit like this will be implemented very quickly.
quickly depends on the perspecitve .. the codebase is completely different from Satoshi client and developers need to read and understand the code first ..
besides that you are certainly right!

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Once we open the floodgates for developers to work directly for the blockchain, every low hanging fruit like this will be implemented very quickly.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline sudo

• View Profile
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 02:33:38 pm by sudo »