Author Topic: What is your Bitshares pitch?  (Read 1544 times)

Offline matt608

• View Profile
^That could be converted into a really awesome sound system...
 :P

Nevermind back on topic lol.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 06:41:01 pm by matt608 »

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Last night speaking with some friends they asked if I was still invested in bitcoin and how it's going. I haven't spoken to them in detail since February or march about crypto and I tried to update them on Bitshares and my belief in it. While attempting to give them the huge rundown, I started fumbling over concepts and explanations so I'm here asking if anyone has a well thought out concise list of topics you would pitch to someone that can be broken down and explained as needed. Maybe a bullet point list to cover.

As excited as I am I tried to explain DACs and Bitshares music and the exchange and market pegs which is too in depth for someone getting the pitch.

It will be easier to explain to them once delegates make enough money that some of us can make a living working directly for DACs.

Once you have the ability to make a living working for DACs then you'll have one of the most coveted job offers in the global economy.

You could simply pitch the idea that they could be a delegate. In order to be a delegate they should look to see what resources they have which they could provide to the DAC. Perhaps they are very socially connected in a certain industry and can help our community to form partnerships? They should be approached by us and offered a delegate position in exchange for their deal making.

Dang.  Can you imagine how much horsepower this community will have when those 101 slots are powered by the 101 most competitive development and advocacy teams on the planet?

The Saturn V only had five such engines...

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Last night speaking with some friends they asked if I was still invested in bitcoin and how it's going. I haven't spoken to them in detail since February or march about crypto and I tried to update them on Bitshares and my belief in it. While attempting to give them the huge rundown, I started fumbling over concepts and explanations so I'm here asking if anyone has a well thought out concise list of topics you would pitch to someone that can be broken down and explained as needed. Maybe a bullet point list to cover.

As excited as I am I tried to explain DACs and Bitshares music and the exchange and market pegs which is too in depth for someone getting the pitch.

What is working for me to grab their attention (if they don't know nothing about crypto):

• yield this is the magic word and is attention-grabber
  • bitUSD and gold you can have your own gold safely safe in vault that only you have the key and you get yield on it too, then talk about other interesting bitAssets like bitGoog, even if it does not exist yet but they will be intrigued by the possibility. I always like to give example like how easy is to send gold around the globe
  • don't try to explain how the peg is working at first, if they ask tell them that you'll explain once they understand the general idea

Of course if now they will want to know more, then you can go explain about how their money are protected by 200% collateral so are completely safe. Then I will explain bts and so on.

Music
  • I don't even talk about notes
  • money goes directly to the artist no middleman taking a cut. Everybody loves this
  • explain Artiscoin. This is a bit long but because music is easy to understand, usually, I manage to explain the full concept
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 06:39:54 pm by oco101 »

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

It will be easier to explain to them once delegates make enough money that some of us can make a living working directly for DACs.

Once you have the ability to make a living working for DACs then you'll have one of the most coveted job offers in the global economy.

You could simply pitch the idea that they could be a delegate. In order to be a delegate they should look to see what resources they have which they could provide to the DAC. Perhaps they are very socially connected in a certain industry and can help our community to form partnerships? They should be approached by us and offered a delegate position in exchange for their deal making.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile