Author Topic: How can Notes pre-sale activity be improved?  (Read 3177 times)

Offline oco101

• View Profile
And I may add that they would be well inspired to have more presence in this very forum... I'm really enthusiast about the bitshares music idea, but currently I still use about 80% of my new investment funds to buy BTSX rather than notes. Advertising and communicating here more wouldn't hurt them...

Actually, to tell you the truth, it is starting to worry me all those important questions that are not being addressed about Music..

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
I think there is a short-term concerns when SEC is sending out letters and going out against crypto fund raisers.  These concerns will go away once SEC catches the few big players they wanted to.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
Still, $200K worth of BTC funding less than 40% of the way through the pre-sale, and probably a pick-up in demand as it nears closing, is nothing to be sneezed at. That currently points toward over $500K as the end result. I would be keen to know what the guys see as the most immediate priorities for use of these funds, without tying them down to anything.

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
And I may add that they would be well inspired to have more presence in this very forum... I'm really enthusiast about the bitshares music idea, but currently I still use about 80% of my new investment funds to buy BTSX rather than notes. Advertising and communicating here more wouldn't hurt them...
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
I hope the devs get enough funds. Anyone knows how much was hoped for ? Or what is the minimal fund they need to launch the product ?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Well, by "dirt cheap" I mean that, with a current daily purchase rate of 25 BTC, each note is priced at approximately (25*$350)/5,000,000 = $0.00175. This values the total Note supply at about $2.6 million.

Compare this with the valuations of traditional music services like Spotify, Pandora, Beats, etc. (which provide less functionality than Peertracks/Notes will be able to), and then you'll begin to get some idea of the potential...

I think it can easily go x10~x15 in a few months

Offline amatoB

• View Profile
Well, by "dirt cheap" I mean that, with a current daily purchase rate of 25 BTC, each note is priced at approximately (25*$350)/5,000,000 = $0.00175. This values the total Note supply at about $2.6 million.

Compare this with the valuations of traditional music services like Spotify, Pandora, Beats, etc. (which provide less functionality than Peertracks/Notes will be able to), and then you'll begin to get some idea of the potential...

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
what price do you consider "dirt cheap"?

PTS and AGS holders won't be buying NOTES in bigger amounts, because they can profit from the snapshot.

1.5 billion shares in total... well lets do the math ;) Based on the auction system people won't throw so much money at it at once. Buying in small packages is way more efficient in my opinion.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Is it just me, or is the pre-sale activity for Notes surprisingly weak? I would've expected buying to ramp up by now given the interviews and the online banner ads on Coinmarketcap. I guess what we need is more word-of-mouth and awareness on Bitcoin-centric forums. Since pre-sale Notes cannot be purchased with altcoins, only with BTC, maybe Coinmarketcap is not the best place for banner ads. Maybe Bitcointalk would be better.

Being able to buy Notes at dirt-cheap prices right now is cool, but more buying would ultimately be better for AGS and PTS because that would give Peertracks more funds to work with. After all, the more BTC that Peertracks can raise now, the less likely they'll need to resort to dilution later to obtain funding.

So, AGS and PTS holders, this is a call to arms... we're the main stakeholders in this. We can help by buying Notes ourselves or spreading awareness on Bitcointalk and other Bitcoin forums. What we need is a sustained effort lasting through the pre-sale period. Let's pave the way for a successful Bitshares Music rocket-ride to the moon and beyond!

I agree. I think they should definitely promote on Bitcointalk. Also it will be helpful to have more updates from the Peertracks team, on a weekly  base.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 02:16:31 am by oco101 »

Offline amatoB

• View Profile
Is it just me, or is the pre-sale activity for Notes surprisingly weak? I would've expected buying to ramp up by now given the interviews and the online banner ads on Coinmarketcap. I guess what we need is more word-of-mouth and awareness on Bitcoin-centric forums. Since pre-sale Notes cannot be purchased with altcoins, only with BTC, maybe Coinmarketcap is not the best place for banner ads. Maybe Bitcointalk would be better.

Being able to buy Notes at dirt-cheap prices right now is cool, but more buying would ultimately be better for AGS and PTS because that would give Peertracks more funds to work with. After all, the more BTC that Peertracks can raise now, the less likely they'll need to resort to dilution later to obtain funding.

So, AGS and PTS holders, this is a call to arms... we're the main stakeholders in this. We can help by buying Notes ourselves or spreading awareness on Bitcointalk and other Bitcoin forums. What we need is a sustained effort lasting through the pre-sale period. Let's pave the way for a successful Bitshares Music rocket-ride to the moon and beyond!