Author Topic: When are we going to see an "on-ramp" from fiat  (Read 3972 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I should probably be buying more.

Lol hopefully this will be the understatement of the century in a few years' time...

Yes. :)

I should have bought bitcoin in 2012 when I first heard of it. 

Didn't make that mistake with Bitshares, I bought absolutely all I could and still sleep at night. :)    (And then even more when we went down to 2 cents recently).
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
I, too, wish some details could be released regarding the on/off ramps. What will they be, are the partners already on board, will it be done in time for the marketing push for sure? I don't understand the need to keep stakeholders (i.e. owners) completely in the dark.

Well there could be MANY reasons to keep stakeholders in the dark that include but are not limited to...
  • Partners want the deal to be keep secret until it is finalized
  • This is something that could be copied by competitors

To be fair we aren't "completely in the dark". They did tell us about it and how it might work.

I'm pretty sure the on/off ramps are tied into the marketing push. So it wouldn't make sense to do one with out the other. It would be the equivalent of doing a marketing pushed with the current beta wallet.

Patience is needed here... :)

Guys listen to the last 3 mumble sessions. I am by far not the most intelligent person here. The devs have said probably as much as they are legally allowed to say at this point for a time frame.

We are far from being completely in the dark. Listen to the mumbles and time frame's are mentioned after that its just a matter of faith in the team.

Offline Overthetop

I, too, wish some details could be released regarding the on/off ramps. What will they be, are the partners already on board, will it be done in time for the marketing push for sure? I don't understand the need to keep stakeholders (i.e. owners) completely in the dark.

Well there could be MANY reasons to keep stakeholders in the dark that include but are not limited to...

To be fair we aren't "completely in the dark". They did tell us about it and how it might work.

I'm pretty sure the on/off ramps are tied into the marketing push. So it wouldn't make sense to do one with out the other. It would be the equivalent of doing a marketing pushed with the current beta wallet.

Patience is needed here... :)
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline Rune

• View Profile

I dont want to sound negative but if there is a good reason for not being more open on this, I wish  someone from i3 would at least confirm what it is.

All of the above.  :)

What's your personal take on the rough chance, in percentages, that the deal will come through and on time for the marketing push? It would make me feel so much better to know this. I'm not even mad if it doesn't come through on time, I just don't want the markets to have these uncertain expectations, and then suddenly see a huge drop if they're let down at the last minute.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
I should probably be buying more.

Lol hopefully this will be the understatement of the century in a few years' time...

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Thanks Stan. I should probably be buying more.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

I dont want to sound negative but if there is a good reason for not being more open on this, I wish  someone from i3 would at least confirm what it is.

All of the above.  :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
end of November is when the magic should happen.....

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
bonus, rewards, miles, gift, share drops... Bitshares!

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

+5%

Offline Mysto

• View Profile

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
I would think that the announcement won't come until it's finalized. No point in hyping up a community that would love the hype and be devastated if it falls through.
we have already been hyped. I agree no announcement until something is finalized.

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile
I would think that the announcement won't come until it's finalized. No point in hyping up a community that would love the hype and be devastated if it falls through.

Offline Rune

• View Profile