Author Topic: IRS can now seize any account for any reason.  (Read 5090 times)

Offline ticklebiscuit

• View Profile
Conspiracy theorists. This is freedom!

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
just wow...I could have never imagined that a police officer may ask you how much money you have on you? If that happens in my country the answer would have been "why the f..k do you care, or not your business mate" and he could not have done anything about it.

So just to get this clear in my head..In the US if a police officer ask you how much money you have, you are obliged to tell them the truth?

The proper way to deal with this situation is to remain silent, or to ask them why you would possible answer that question.  You are not required to provide information beyond ID, registration, and insurance.  You should however never lie. They will attempt to catch you in a lie so that they can charge you with a crime, thereby allowing them to search you and your vehicle.

Most of my interactions with police are on foot.  I repeat a series of three things in order.  Am I free to go? Am I being detained?  On what charges?  I will provide my name, but never show ID, and never provide any information beyond what I am required.  Asking "am I legally required to provide that information?"  Is a good way of cooling them down.  Most pigs have no idea what the law is beyond the 4 or 5 PC infractions they use on a daily basis.

In a vehicle most interactions go like this.  I roll the window down 2-3 inches.  The pig walks up and says "could you roll the window down more?"  (notice that he doesn't command.  He knows enough to ask with authority).  I say "No.  thats far enough."  If he gets cute I remind him that the law requires me only roll the window down enough to be able to hear him.  I am being generous giving him 3 inches.  I usually get a "where you headed?" at that point.  My response is generally to laugh and say "why would I possibly tell you that?"  (One pig once got a hurt look on his face and said "to be nice")  Then they go for the more direct route.  "Got anything illegal in the car?"  My response at this point is "really?"  If they press, I will simply look at them and say.  "I understand your question"  If they ask you anything beyond that, just remain silent and look at them like they are retarded.

Too much work in my opinion. I say "I know you're just doing your job, I only answer questions I'm legally obligated to answer without an attorney" and I shut my mouth. I will pepper in "am I being detained or free to go". I don't laugh, I don't make faces, I treat it the same way I would make a deposit at a bank.

Great video here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Most of my interactions with police are on foot.  I repeat a series of three things in order.  Am I free to go? Am I being detained?  On what charges?  I will provide my name, but never show ID, and never provide any information beyond what I am required.  Asking "am I legally required to provide that information?"  Is a good way of cooling them down.  Most pigs have no idea what the law is beyond the 4 or 5 PC infractions they use on a daily basis.

In a vehicle most interactions go like this.  I roll the window down 2-3 inches.  The pig walks up and says "could you roll the window down more?"  (notice that he doesn't command.  He knows enough to ask with authority).  I say "No.  thats far enough."  If he gets cute I remind him that the law requires me only roll the window down enough to be able to hear him.  I am being generous giving him 3 inches.  I usually get a "where you headed?" at that point.  My response is generally to laugh and say "why would I possibly tell you that?"  (One pig once got a hurt look on his face and said "to be nice")  Then they go for the more direct route.  "Got anything illegal in the car?"  My response at this point is "really?"  If they press, I will simply look at them and say.  "I understand your question"  If they ask you anything beyond that, just remain silent and look at them like they are retarded.
That's quite funny. It would help alot to actually KNOW what they are allowed to do and what they are not. But your strategy is nice :) +5%

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
just wow...I could have never imagined that a police officer may ask you how much money you have on you? If that happens in my country the answer would have been "why the f..k do you care, or not your business mate" and he could not have done anything about it.

So just to get this clear in my head..In the US if a police officer ask you how much money you have, you are obliged to tell them the truth?

The proper way to deal with this situation is to remain silent, or to ask them why you would possible answer that question.  You are not required to provide information beyond ID, registration, and insurance.  You should however never lie. They will attempt to catch you in a lie so that they can charge you with a crime, thereby allowing them to search you and your vehicle.

Did u make some utube vids doing so? I swear i seen one doing exactly as you say
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Lol. Money.  Who created irs?  they want to own the world. Rune wants bitshares to own the world.  Julian1 wants to force international banking cartels to compete.  Lollololllol.....Profit off the sheep.  Yum baaaaah
Are you related to tonyk?
If so .. well said;
If not .. well said;  :P :P

Offline ticklebiscuit

• View Profile
Abuse of power is getting out of hand.  They are simply going after the working class who have no option but to re open their business at any expense to make a living.  Easy targets, easy money.

Another reason to crush the growth of crypto currency.

Lol. Money.  Who created irs?  they want to own the world. Rune wants bitshares to own the world.  Julian1 wants to force international banking cartels to compete.  Lollololllol.....Profit off the sheep.  Yum baaaaah

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Pretty good video on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kEpZWGgJks

US cops are psychos. I was stopped for speeding here in the UK a few months ago and they certainly didnt ask me how much money I was carrying. They were very polite and made me feel like they were doing me a favour - I probably was putting myself at risk.

I was stopped by police in the UK for singing while driving.  They thought I was talking on my mobile phone when I was just scratching my ear for a moment while singing.  They were sitting by the side of the road with a camera and showed a video of my arm reaching up (to scratch my ear) which was obscured from view while my 'jaw was moving'.  My mobile was out of battery and wouldn't even switched on but when I showed them they didn't believe me and told me not to do it again or there could be trouble lol. 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 08:01:13 pm by matt608 »

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Pretty good video on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kEpZWGgJks

US cops are psychos. I was stopped for speeding here in the UK a few months ago and they certainly didnt ask me how much money I was carrying. They were very polite and made me feel like they were doing me a favour - I probably was putting myself at risk.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
In the US it doesn't really matter what is legal/illegal at the side of the road. If you don't do what they say they'll either:

1) Take you to jail and seize your stuff
2) Beat you up on the spot or tazzer you
3) Just shoot you (thankfully very rare)

Numbers 1 and 2 are common. Basically the rule of thumb is: Do whatever the highway patrol tells you to do and then take up legal action later if needed. And yes, this is the sort of shit we used to make fun of other countries for.

:P  Hit your head yourself , sue for police brutality
just make sure someone video tapes or no one will likely believe you.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
That is very helpful to know as I will be visiting the US shortly and was thinking to have some emergency cash on me. But if I risk when stopped by a police patrol to ask me questions about how much money I have on me and be able to seize that money and me having to take legal actions and my holidays are ruined, I better just walk around with my card when traveling across the states...just wow...

Offline Riverhead

In the US it doesn't really matter what is legal/illegal at the side of the road. If you don't do what they say they'll either:

1) Take you to jail and seize your stuff
2) Beat you up on the spot or tazzer you
3) Just shoot you (thankfully very rare)

Numbers 1 and 2 are common. Basically the rule of thumb is: Do whatever the highway patrol tells you to do and then take up legal action later if needed. And yes, this is the sort of shit we used to make fun of other countries for.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
We are not that civilised and polite with the police in Greece. If they ask you something like that we just reply as I mentioned below and this will be the end of story. The only question that they are allowed to ask is if we have anything illegal on us. Caring money is not yet illegal...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

If that happend in germany - you could just simply shut up and and not continue to answer ANY of his questions ... they might take you to the police station to identify you .. but that's about it!