Author Topic: BTS vs. ETF  (Read 2623 times)

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
There has been talk of a potential BTC ETF in the works. Would this compete with BTS? Is this seen as a major threat to the viability of BTS?
BTC ETF is just a way for ordinary investors who don't want to deal with the technicalities of Bitcoin own a piece of the Bitcoin pie.
BTS is a trading platform that allows, through a prediction marketplace, to trade just about anything, including, bitBTC.
I don't see how the former will threaten the latter.

I'm not sure. I'm trying to get a friend to consider investing some of his BTC returns into PTS, but he's concerned that a BTC ETF may make PTS/BTS an unprofitable investment.

Your friend shouldn't have to worry about that. BitBTC will still be a viable investment option, and it shouldn't compete with the ETF. More likely, they'll find a way to compliment each other so both sides will see gains in their investments
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline 8bit

• View Profile
There has been talk of a potential BTC ETF in the works. Would this compete with BTS? Is this seen as a major threat to the viability of BTS?
BTC ETF is just a way for ordinary investors who don't want to deal with the technicalities of Bitcoin own a piece of the Bitcoin pie.
BTS is a trading platform that allows, through a prediction marketplace, to trade just about anything, including, bitBTC.

I'm not sure. I'm trying to get a friend to consider investing some of his BTC returns into PTS, but he's concerned that a BTC ETF may make PTS/BTS an unprofitable investment.
Code: [Select]
wallet_approve_delegate eightbitA VOTE FOR EIGHTBIT IS A VOTE FOR CRUDE DICK ART

Offline ruletheworld

• View Profile
    • BTC Geek
PTS: PYRqARWMGQ1PeZvjJM6iWJxf2ouwYcueHF
BTC: 1NeRoAKp137GTDUEBaonbu5BUGPN17Xw5n
http://btcgeek.com

Offline 8bit

• View Profile
Code: [Select]
wallet_approve_delegate eightbitA VOTE FOR EIGHTBIT IS A VOTE FOR CRUDE DICK ART