Author Topic: new blockchain "DevShares"  (Read 6433 times)

Offline davidpbrown

Reminds me of devcoin DVC. You could have a tonne of those and lose them without noticing.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
This is a quote from BM's press release draft.

"A new blockchain "DevShares" will be used for testing the upgrade of BTS and future hard forks as well as experimental features and economic experiments.   This blockchain will be a 40/40/20 snapshot AGS/PTS/X taken on November 5th.    DevShares will not be considered a "safe store of value" but non-the-less will have value for those wishing to test their smart contracts or BTS integration on a low-value chain.   Details on DevShares will be provided over the coming month."

I am trying to decide on the relative value of this chain, and could do with some clarification.
Will it will include all fully developed and tested features of the BTS blockchain? If it does then while it wont be a safe store of value when using your DVS (devshares?) on works in progress it will be safe on tested features like bitusd?

Would there be anything in place to stop it competing with BTS other than increased risk?

If you are going to let it have real world monetary value then you must be saying it will be around permanently as the DVS wont get value if they are going to expire. Is my assumption correct?

If the above is correct then once BTS is fully developed (i know some new things will always be added but 95% developed) Then we will have two chains with no reason for them to have different value.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 09:41:07 am by cass »