Author Topic: [POLL] DISCUSSION: Should 3rd-party DACs honor AGS/PTS?  (Read 7957 times)

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
NO.1 =  NO.2   
Obviously dispersed the same kind of people.
What a fucking design of vote!!!

Thanks for your kind words. I did it that way because they aren't exactly the same, and I was curious to see the community's opinion on even subtle differences. It got pretty obvious once voting started that they were close enough to the same that they should have been lumped together. I'm closing voting now. The discussion is un-important now, since alphaBar is going to continue maintaining PTS as a separate blockchain anyway.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline matt608

• View Profile
3rd party DACs should be encouraged to propose their business plan to BTS holders to raise funding via election into a delegate position and join the superDAC.

Offline Riverhead

Which kind of people does it favour?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline linyibo010

• View Profile
NO.1 =  NO.2   
Obviously dispersed the same kind of people.
What a fucking design of vote!!!

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
why not   AGS10% PTS10% BTS10%?

Too much. It's already hard to explain why they should give 20% away, and you want them to give 30%?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

ags 5% pts 5%  bts 5%

Offline amencon

• View Profile

Someone did the math in another thread (forget which now) but I believe it was around 100BTS per PTS and 80something per AGS.  I think the higher PTS number was due to not having all 2b mined yet.

The math in real time: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M65Gt1mFstAgTkECJfUX18f187tGzqJeXT7877qLv-M/edit#gid=0
Nice work, thanks.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
why not   AGS10% PTS10% BTS10%?

Too much. It's already hard to explain why they should give 20% away, and you want them to give 30%?

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Offline margie

• View Profile
10%AGS,10%PTS.
Those who invested in AGS and PTS had been told "you will recieve at least 10% 3rd-party DACs' shares if you buy PTS or AGS" ,they believed and paid for it. But now they are told"you will get 7%" unexpectedly. Even more .PTSer will lost the liquidity.That's unfair.
Merger is ok.but honesty is more important.

Offline justin

• View Profile
One of the pressing questions we face in the long-term is the issue of 3rd-party DAC developers and who they should airdrop to. Here are the options that I've seen discussed (my favorite option is #3 or #4, btw):

1. We could leave AGS as-is, and port only PTS into GENESIS (user-issued asset on BTS). That way, GENESIS is essentially PTS 2.0, and we preserve the idea that AGS is the illiquid share class, PTS is the liquid one.

2. There have been at least two proposals (by Shentist and emski, I believe) to create a user-issued asset on the new BTS called GENESIS and snapshot it 50/50 AGS/PTS. Then new DACs would honor GENESIS with a 20% snapshot. I'm not crazy about combining AGS with anything like that. IMO, AGS should be left alone (disclosure: I own only 12 AGS; I'm not speaking from dishonest bias here).

3. Let PTS end, but preserve AGS. Now, 3rd-party devs would be recommended to honor 10% AGS and 10% BTS. It does still give a slight preference to pre-Feb28 donators, but only a slight one, and preserves the original intentions of AGS. It ends PTS, which simplifies the marketing message (PTS was always a weird idea, don't you think?).

4. Invictus has floated the idea that they should honor the new BTS with 20%. The rationale is that the new BTS snapshotted AGS/PTS and thus honoring BTS is like honoring AGS/PTS. The dramatic flaw in this proposal is that it gives a huge preference to pre-Feb28 AGS donators. For that reason, I strongly oppose this option because it's severely unfair to those who donated after the original BTSX snapshot.

Discuss.

selection1 and 2 are the same, and selection 3 split the vote to 1,and 2,so selection 3, should be deleted. this poll intended to set misleadings! and make advantage for BTSers. Very Ugly!

Offline justin

• View Profile
the poll is wrong setting, (1)and (2)are the same situation。and should be combined!
投票设置有陷阱!(1)和(2)选项是一回事儿!都是支持AGSer 和 PTSer各10%。分开设置,分散了AGSer 和PTSer的集中度,使得BTS占了大便宜!他奶奶的!比BM还阴损!
selection1 and 2 are the same, and selection 3 split the vote to 1,and 2,so selection 3, should be deleted. this poll intended to set misleadings! and make advantage for BTSers. Very Ugly!

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
U people need to understand big picture seems too many short term thinkers that lose money
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline justin

• View Profile
the poll is wrong setting, (1)and (2)are the same situation。and should be combined!
投票设置有陷阱!(1)和(2)选项是一回事儿!都是支持AGSer 和 PTSer各10%。分开设置,分散了AGSer 和PTSer的集中度,使得BTS占了大便宜!他奶奶的!比BM还阴损!

Offline yoo

• View Profile
10% ags 10% pts, 10% or more bts is perfect.

ags maybe a gift, but pts is prototype what 3i defined before, if wanna pts die, 3i need buy them back from market!

Offline justin

• View Profile