Author Topic: The Market Value of ProtoShares: Price of PTS ?  (Read 5429 times)

Offline liquiddrool

• View Profile
Re: The Market Value of ProtoShares: Price of PTS ?
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2013, 03:13:15 am »
<cynical>Whatever the current market is paying</cynical> ;)

Hard to say at this point, being part of the genesis block is interesting, though this being a 2 year coin before it is mined out and possibly worthless does factor in.  I'm putting about 75% in cold storage and trading the rest.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 10:17:43 am »
I totally disagree with the whole thread. You are missing two important points here:

First: Maybe half of the PTS available have been mined yet but it will take alot of time and cpu power to mine the other half.

Second: PTS value has been very high straight from day 1. So if you complain it does not skyrocket like Feathercoin or Primecoin, keep in mind that ONE PTS is already worth TEN USD! Hard to beat that with any other new alt coin.

Code: [Select]
Protoshares Network Block: 25512, Difficulty: 0.00562678, Reward: 27.018, Minted: 962298.
Protoshares Difficulty: current 0.00562678, next diff 0.00562023 (-0.12%) in 2712 blocks (1.8 weeks). Current blocktime: 6.7 minutes, Network hashrate: 3606430 hashs/min.
Converter: 1.0 PTS = 9.3 USD = 7.46 EUR = 0.01009 BTC = 0.42556 LTC = 2.61399 PPC = 1.75478 XPM. Source: Bter (PTS/BTC), BTC-e (XPM/BTC, LTC/BTC, PPC/BTC, EUR/USD), Bitstamp (BTC/USD).

+1
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 07:54:31 am »
I totally disagree with the whole thread. You are missing two important points here:

First: Maybe half of the PTS available have been mined yet but it will take alot of time and cpu power to mine the other half.

Second: PTS value has been very high straight from day 1. So if you complain it does not skyrocket like Feathercoin or Primecoin, keep in mind that ONE PTS is already worth TEN USD! Hard to beat that with any other new alt coin.

Code: [Select]
Protoshares Network Block: 25512, Difficulty: 0.00562678, Reward: 27.018, Minted: 962298.
Protoshares Difficulty: current 0.00562678, next diff 0.00562023 (-0.12%) in 2712 blocks (1.8 weeks). Current blocktime: 6.7 minutes, Network hashrate: 3606430 hashs/min.
Converter: 1.0 PTS = 9.3 USD = 7.46 EUR = 0.01009 BTC = 0.42556 LTC = 2.61399 PPC = 1.75478 XPM. Source: Bter (PTS/BTC), BTC-e (XPM/BTC, LTC/BTC, PPC/BTC, EUR/USD), Bitstamp (BTC/USD).
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 07:58:16 am by donschoe »

Offline Pocket Sand

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 06:30:56 am »
Yea PTS should be getting increased interest soon especially with byteshare's current effort to unite the largest PTS holders.

Offline ruletheworld

• View Profile
    • BTC Geek
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 01:28:45 am »
I think too few people in the community know about ProtoShares, and an important missing factor is the creation of a successful DAC from ProtoShares. Once this is accomplished, more people should come in the fold.
PTS: PYRqARWMGQ1PeZvjJM6iWJxf2ouwYcueHF
BTC: 1NeRoAKp137GTDUEBaonbu5BUGPN17Xw5n
http://btcgeek.com

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 01:15:28 am »
Looks like PTS is the only altcoin down !! See: http://coinmarketcap.com/

Others are flying like rockets but PTS is down ?

Not good ! but maybe opportunity ?  ;D

PTS doesn't do anything yet. When it's useful for something other than just being called protoshares then we should expect the price to double or triple with every successful DAC. Exponential growth should take place similar to Bitcoin.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 12:23:02 am »

We have just made arrangements that will dramatically increase awareness of PTS in the media and outside the Bitcoin sphere.   PTS is undervalued because no one knows how to value it.   The fact that Novacoin, Feathercoin, and Megacoin are currently trading for more than PTS when their entire value proposition is as a competitor to BTC shows lack of awareness.   

Fortunately there are now many people that have financial incentive to increase awareness and we will soon have a revamped marketing and public image.

Well I don't think its undervalued and I don't think its preforming bad.

Look at the other coins that are going up, how long have they been online? PTS is not even a month old and already reached a 7 million dollar cap!

The other coins above it already have millions upon millions of coins already mined. PTS doesn't even have a million and its competing with them.

Those coins being pumped will crash eventually.
If I helped you and want to show your appreciation donate any amount:
Pjem2V2FDPGZa6yAvpL2fN5yZKXYUNLSv5

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 11:50:07 pm »

We have just made arrangements that will dramatically increase awareness of PTS in the media and outside the Bitcoin sphere.   PTS is undervalued because no one knows how to value it.   The fact that Novacoin, Feathercoin, and Megacoin are currently trading for more than PTS when their entire value proposition is as a competitor to BTC shows lack of awareness.   

Fortunately there are now many people that have financial incentive to increase awareness and we will soon have a revamped marketing and public image.

Interesting, when will we find out what these arrangements are?
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 11:21:46 pm »

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline luxbitcoin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 10:47:31 pm »

The future belongs to those who prepare for it today -- BTC LTC PPC !

Offline bitshirehashaway

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 08:26:42 pm »
I've been launching a giveaway on bitcointalk to help raise awareness -> over 1000 thread views + pts given out to >100 people.

Tips Appreciated: PqmyVWJtJgb2qudCiDyQvTMo7ibJfWiuvY

View Giveaway: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=346832.0

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 04:43:24 pm »
Current price stable between 7$-9$. There hasn't been alot of cryptocurrencies that started and were worth this much. PTS has been online almost less than a month and already competing with the old coins that have been online for several years. PTS isn't like other coins you need to remember that so being worth 1$ or 100$ doesn't really matter that much but offcourse the higher it is the faster its going to be mined.
If I helped you and want to show your appreciation donate any amount:
Pjem2V2FDPGZa6yAvpL2fN5yZKXYUNLSv5

Offline lib

• liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 01:31:45 pm »
ProtoShares has currently a market cap of $7.7 million which is still very low (peanuts!) and almost half of PTS (!) have been mined by now (957,365 of 2,000,000), see: www.coinmarketcap.com

It's currently trading at around 0.01 PTS/BTC on Cryptsy, see: www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/119  and Bter, see: www.bter.com/trade/pts_btc and not much movement for the last couple of days...

I have the impression that NOBODY (or almost nobody) has heard about PTS, it's on nobody's radar!! Just have a look at the volumes on Cryptsy and Bter, they're very low as not many people want to sell or buy... But of course, as we all know, things can change very quickly :) and my guess is that once people start hearing about PTS, its price will shoot up very quickly...

Do you think the same will happen with PTS (as what happened with BTC and LTC) or do you think price appreciation will be much slower ?

At what price do you think PTS should be trading ?

I'm interested to hear your thoughts...

1PTS=10BTC or more!!  :D
Actually I don't know the exact price of PTS should be trading. But apparently it highly depend on the success of bitshares and other DACs inheriting from protoshares.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA
Personal Address: PakhuBkqTu4oTHJ4ZffvzVwCGCMfuqazgm

Offline luxbitcoin

• View Profile
The Market Value of ProtoShares: Price of PTS ?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 01:08:48 pm »
ProtoShares has currently a market cap of $7.7 million which is still very low (peanuts!) and almost half of PTS (!) have been mined by now (957,365 of 2,000,000), see: www.coinmarketcap.com

It's currently trading at around 0.01 PTS/BTC on Cryptsy, see: www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/119  and Bter, see: www.bter.com/trade/pts_btc and not much movement for the last couple of days...

I have the impression that NOBODY (or almost nobody) has heard about PTS, it's on nobody's radar!! Just have a look at the volumes on Cryptsy and Bter, they're very low as not many people want to sell or buy... But of course, as we all know, things can change very quickly :) and my guess is that once people start hearing about PTS, its price will shoot up very quickly...

Do you think the same will happen with PTS (as what happened with BTC and LTC) or do you think price appreciation will be much slower ?

At what price do you think PTS should be trading ?

I'm interested to hear your thoughts...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 01:11:14 pm by luxbitcoin »
The future belongs to those who prepare for it today -- BTC LTC PPC !