Author Topic: Advice wanted: I'm considering running a marketing delegate.  (Read 18794 times)

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
+5%

I apologize if this has been mentioned elsewhere but is there a website we can go to where we can view what it is that each of the 101 delegates are doing to help the DAC grow?

I think it would be a good idea if delegates had their own dedicated website where they talk about what it is they are going to do and WHY they should be delegates. Also, it might be a good idea if delegates post the metrics to be used to measure their performance. I think saying that you can't really measure performance is unacceptable.

I was thinking a Facebook clone for delegates. A bare bones Facebook...

Offline Mysto

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline svk

yup will do it next 2 weeks ...

thinking loud about creating a site with content and things delegates providing .. like a delegate hub…
I'd love to join up with you on that .. my web development knowledge is rusty though :(

Would be happy to contribute to this as well!

Oh and to stay on topic, +5% for MethodX as a marketing delegate, you'll have my vote.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:39:10 pm by svk »
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline wackou

+5% support from me too, I believe good marketing is really needed for BitShares at this moment.

<shameless plug>btw, I just released my bitshares_delegate_tools (see https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9881.0) which should make it much easier on the technical side to run and monitor a delegate, hope you like them</plug>
Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

Good question. Traditionally, I measure marketing performance by revenue minus how much I spend on advertising. It's really easy when you can track everything that's going in and out of a funnel... It won't be possible to objectively measure any delegate position. If you're a developer you could have someone like bytemaster determine the code quality and we can all see commits being made on github. Marketing will be considerably more subjective since there is no way to track how much a marketing campaign adds to market cap.

Similarly to seeing a developer post commits, you can see the ad campaigns I launch. I can post the results of any A/B tests I conduct so ALL marketing efforts can benefit from a scientifically provable marketing message.

I agree with this stand.  Most of the marketing activities can be tracked. But at the end of it, it is a mostly subjective decision.  MeTHoDx has consistently shown he has a flair for effective marketing ideas.  You have my support. :)
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

thinking loud about creating a site with content and things delegates providing .. like a delegate hub…
I'd love to join up with you on that .. my web development knowledge is rusty though :(

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
+5%

I apologize if this has been mentioned elsewhere but is there a website we can go to where we can view what it is that each of the 101 delegates are doing to help the DAC grow?

I think it would be a good idea if delegates had their own dedicated website where they talk about what it is they are going to do and WHY they should be delegates. Also, it might be a good idea if delegates post the metrics to be used to measure their performance. I think saying that you can't really measure performance is unacceptable.

This would be great. Delegates deserve something more than the forum. The site also could have a place where propositions (for voting) could be explained. Not to seem too much like a referendum election, but we could even file pro/com arguments if needed.

I have asked cass to come up with a recommendation...

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I have asked cass to come up with a recommendation...
poor cass ... does he still get some sleep here and there?

For the OP:
I'll be glad to add your delgate to my slate!

Offline yellowecho

As we promised , to help the communication between Chinese and the rest of the world.....
This is a Chinese translation of your post , we will post it to the Chinese sub-board as well.
The internet is so cool! haha
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline jae208

• View Profile
I'm thinking it would be useful to allow delegates to edit their own sections. Maintaining this would be a lot of work for one person. Would a wiki format work?

It might and as you mentioned earlier might be great if voters could post pro/cons about delegates.
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline mint chocolate chip

We need more individuals like you stepping up to achieve the network effect we need.

"My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." - John F. Kennedy

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
As we promised , to help the communication between Chinese and the rest of the world.....
This is a Chinese translation of your post , we will post it to the Chinese sub-board as well.

Advice wanted: I'm considering running a marketing delegate.
寻求建议:我正在考虑运行一个专注于市场推广的受托人席位

我是一个独立、有钱的、不断冒出新主意和投资到新行业的企业家。我有很多空闲的时间,而且对Bitshares很着迷。
由于我已经投入了大量的时间(甚至是金钱)到Bitshares里,我一直在考虑运行一个能获得报酬的市场推广受托人。
我相信Bytemaster在某处说过,他只想开发者成为受托人,所以我不知道他会怎么想这事。
如果当选了,我会专注我的才能用于我最了解的事情上:市场营销。

我想BitUSD(以及其他比特资产)在西方国家以外的其他区域有着很大的潜力。
阿根廷,希腊,厄瓜多尔,西班牙,菲律宾,等等。

将我们建立在一个这样的缝隙市场(原文说利基市场,市场营销学的一个概念,指大市场里被人忽略的一些小市场,但占据了这些小市场可以有意想不到的效果)上,可以使我们的市值显著增加,而且会在水平层面上带来其他相关的缝隙市场的业绩疯狂增长。

我正在想和预期能做到的事:
在reddits的关键次级版面发动广告推广活动。

将BitUSD这个主意介绍给美国以外的比特币商业,这些地区对真正的美元需求率很高,但那里的美元供应量却很少。举例:BitPagos就是一个可行的推广对象。

联系为比特资产商家端整合计划服务的开发者。
联系为比特资产服务的手机钱包开发者(如IOS和安卓)。
根据阿根廷的地区代码,进行BitUSD的空投活动(这需要一个手机钱包),
在阿根廷的一些大学里进行BitUSD的邮件空投活动。

你会支持我成为一个受托人吗?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 04:50:25 am by cn-members »
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.