Author Topic: What do you consider the 7 most important characteristics of BitShares?  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
1) Like Bitcoin, it is an implementation of the Blockchain technology: A decentralized ledger.

2) DPoS.   DPoS doesn't waste money through inflation in order to secure the network.  DPoS > PoW.

3) BitUSD.  BitUSD provides stability and solves bitcoin's problem where merchants dont want to hold it due to price volatility.  It even provides yield!

4) Paid Delegates.  Bitshares has the ability to fund its own development through paid delegates.  This allows Bitshares holders, by majority vote, to elect someone to be paid (through inflation) to do whatever we are hiring them for.   This gives us the ability to hire developers to improve Bitshares.  It could even result in us hiring many developers away from other projects where they wouldn't get paid, poaching the talent from any competition.

5) Speed.   10 second transaction times (or even lower) with DPoS is greatly superior to bitcoin's 10 minute transaction speed or Litecoin's 1 minute.

6) BitAsset Exchange.  Other BitAssets like bitGLD are useful to allow exposure to whatever price volatility you want.  Bitshares is an exchange, not just a currency.  Additionally, trading fees are used to burn shares of BTSX, reducing the overall supply (counteracting dilution!)

7) Other features.   Anonymity (TITAN), upcoming features such as VOTE, DNS, Turing complete scripting.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Good question. I'd say it's more important to distill the essence of a BitAsset, since that's our product.
  • Stability
  • Privacy
  • Yield/Interest
  • Censorship resistant
  • Decentralization

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
So here are some points that came to my mind.
The order of points has no meaning and is not a ranking by importance.

- decentralization (surprise  :o)
- price stability (bitAssets)
- profitability + efficiency (DPOS)
- flexibility (voting for delegates + capability to self fund by dilution)
- anonymity (TITAN)
- openness/transparency (open source + open communication with community and core dev team)

I'm sure I forgot many more awesome points.

Offline Thom

This is basically a poll, but in an open ended format. Any response is fine, links, whatever. Trying to distill the "essence" o.f BitShares according to this community of mostly true believers, but also newbies that found there way here.

Thanks for your input
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html