Author Topic: What if America isn't the best place to market BitUSD?  (Read 9302 times)

Offline JoeyD

Where do you live?

Mars.

But I'm going off studies of investment behavior, probably mostly in the United States. I don't dispute that women like to spend money. I was talking about the investment mindset.

So go ahead and set up some shopping malls if you want.  :D

Mars, damn. Last I heard this multistage rocket I'm hitching a ride on was only planning on going to the moon. Then again, once I'm out of this gravity well it should be easier to catch a ride to mars from there.

BitUsd shopping malls, hmm, too bad I don't have the resources or money for that. Best I could do is sell 3d-printed nail-extensions  and jewelry for bitusd.

Offline fuzzy

whats the plan on making them support it?

also if ppl buy bitusd, does the bitsharex price go up? i am confused how this works

kurva

Welcome aboard!
I am a big fan of new, fast typing, opinionated, informed account holders like you!

Tonyk...ftw. :D  +5%
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Mysto

• View Profile

I'm interested in hearing the plan as well. It might be hard to convince people to trust it. Imagine someone telling you that you could get 25% ROI
on your investment every year. You would think "that's too good to be true".

Argentinian: "Wait so your saying if I put my money in bitUSD I will only experience the same inflation as the USD... Interesting"
"What, I'll also get more interest than at a conventional bank and it's more secure?"
"Yea right.... SCAM!"
"I'll just leave my USD under my mattress."

It will be difficult unless we can get someone who is well known and trusted in the country to stand behind it.

also if ppl buy bitusd, does the bitsharex price go up? i am confused how this works

Yes if people buy bitUSD bitshares price goes up. The reason is bitshares is used as collateral for every bitUSD created.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

kurva

Welcome aboard!
I am a big fan of new, fast typing, opinionated, informed account holders like you!
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline kuvira

• View Profile

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
I do think South America market is more attracting than North America. Because North America is developed, all new things which have potential to break the current rules will be confined.

And don't forget, BitUSD is the U.S. dollar equivalent. RealUSD is either hard to get or expensive to obtain. When one's own local currency has rampant inflation, BitUSD could be a very attractive store of value/wealth.

Argentina should go NUTS for BitUSD when you consider the yield. They get security, stability AND more interest than any traditional bank.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I do think South America market is more attracting than North America. Because North America is developed, all new things which have potential to break the current rules will be confined.

And don't forget, BitUSD is the U.S. dollar equivalent. RealUSD is either hard to get or expensive to obtain. When one's own local currency has rampant inflation, BitUSD could be a very attractive store of value/wealth.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Where do you live?

Mars.

But I'm going off studies of investment behavior, probably mostly in the United States. I don't dispute that women like to spend money. I was talking about the investment mindset.

So go ahead and set up some shopping malls if you want.  :D

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Is there any women on this board?

It would be kinda sad if the best representative of women is our "feminine" side.

Btw:
If one of the potentially 3 women that tonyk has spared no time, effort nor expensive to sniff out,  reading this is wondering, no you don't have a male side.  If you are feeling somewhat irritated by that fact just imagine the possibility of a male with no feminine side at all.

PS
Yes I did just plant the image of TonyK sniffing out women, mwuahahahaha, language is such a wonderful thing, the things you can do with it.
I have no idea how powerful  language is. I read this 4 times, I know there is some insult towards me in it and yet I could not quite get it, before you outright said you have painted a picture...

Offline JoeyD

It would be kinda sad if the best representative of women is our "feminine" side.

Btw:
If one of the potentially 3 women that tonyk has spared no time, effort nor expensive to sniff out,  reading this is wondering, no you don't have a male side.  If you are feeling somewhat irritated by that fact just imagine the possibility of a male with no feminine side at all.

PS
Yes I did just plant the image of TonyK sniffing out women, mwuahahahaha, language is such a wonderful thing, the things you can do with it.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
As I mentioned before, women will come on board when someone makes the Fashion Dac

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

One unconfirmed - i.e. nobody has met her in real life.
One that wanted to give BM a baby... but it turn out to be just a Chinese saying.
One that people hope/suspect she is reading this forum, but I am 99% sure she does not.

:)

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline JoeyD

True, but there are two counter factors. (1) There are far fewer women in technical areas. High tech fields are male dominated. Many of the people who have found BitShares thus far have some technical understanding of it. This means there are fewer early adopters among women. (2) Studies have shown that when it comes to investing, men take bigger risks than women do. Women are much more conservative with their money choices. The funny thing is that both approaches end up with about the same results when it comes to investing studies that I've seen.

I think if we make it simple and useful for everyone, we will have no shortage of women and men who wish to use BitShares.

1. Where I live women like spending money and seem to have no trouble scaling any technical hurdle to do it.
2. Where do you live? Which translates to: Where can I find me one of those financially conservative women?

3. Where is your subtle excremetion point?