Author Topic: Let's post a bounty for a BitAsset mobile wallet?  (Read 4170 times)

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
I think since we've now got a self funding DAC and it looks like the SEC is on a mission to fuck over every blockchain company, it might be in Invictus' best interests to quickly get burn through all AGS funds after the "marketing push". I'd say that posting a $10k bounty on an iOS/Android wallet would get the job done fast.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
@arhag I'm curious as to why you list a mobile wallet so low on the priority list? I think it will be a key aspect of user adoption and user adoption should come before the "bonus" features.

Look at the things I have listed above it. The mobile client needs lightweight client validation technology to first be built. Part of that is sending messages to users notifying them of new incoming transactions (that requires the KeyMail infrastructure). The only other features (not including updated GUI which it seems like cass and Brian are already doing in parallel) are important security features which are especially important for mobile clients, but also very important for regular full clients as well. We need to make people feel secure that their money won't be hacked away before they are comfortable putting their savings into it. Properly done cold storage and multsig provide this security.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
@arhag I'm curious as to why you list a mobile wallet so low on the priority list? I think it will be a key aspect of user adoption and user adoption should come before the "bonus" features.

Offline Pheonike

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
Along these lines, can we get a response from bytemaster regarding the priority of the lightweight client implementation with respect to all the other tasks they have planned (update client GUI, CA vote demo, Key Graph, better cold storage, usable multsig, Turing complete scripting language, on-ramps and off-ramps, BitUSD debit cards). I am not asking for specific deadlines, but I want to understand what efforts you guys are prioritizing and to get very rough timelines of when we can expect some of these features.

I prioritize them in the following order of importance to me:
  • Cold storage with offline transaction signing
  • Working KeyMail infrastructure (will be important for multisig and lightweight clients)
  • Usable multisig (beyond just the escrow transaction type)
  • Updated GUI for full client
  • Lightweight client validation with a desktop/laptop proof-of-concept client
  • Browser lightweight client
  • Android lightweight client
  • iOS lightweight client (the various lightweight client implementations for different platforms can be done in parallel)
  • Better on-ramps and off-ramps (perhaps including the debit card interface)
  • Key Graph
  • Voting booth (proof of concept demo can come earlier if it is important to meet certain deadlines for the CA demo)
  • Turing complete scripting
  • Other cool features and Dapps
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 11:16:10 pm by arhag »

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
We really need a BitAsset specific mobile wallet for iOS and Android. I'd rank this as being very important.

I propose we either hire a delegate to develop a wallet or post a bounty.

Please post any open source wallet projects that can be forked and modified for BitAssets. How can we go from start to finish in as little time as possible?