Author Topic: TED:The Best way for BM to tell the world what is BTS  (Read 2010 times)

Offline yellowecho

I've seen a couple TEDTalks on voting already.  Perhaps the best way to get an invitation would be for the FollowMyVote crew to reach out instead and discuss how voting using Bitshares will revolutionize democracies in the future. 8)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline fuzzy

I just spoke recently at TEDx Bermuda. I like the format and the people. Highly recommend.

TEDx is precisely what Beyond Bitcoinx is intended to be modeled after...only for crypto.  Cool stuff.  Not that I think selling people on Magical Vaporware (aka Ethereum) there is a legit idea.  But I digress. :/

No offense to BM, and he has made leaps and bounds of progress in this area, but I don't think his 'talk' giving skills are of the caliber that TED is looking for.

I think 'bitmarket', the guy that has been making videos, could do it.

Tedx is about superior ideas, innovations and reaching out to give them to the world.  Bytemaster imho is far more qualified on this basis than most--especially in the crypto-sphere.  What is even more awesome is that he is still very early in his career.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:40:05 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
If he does go.. since I am close to Whistler I would get the chance to attend :)
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
No offense to BM, and he has made leaps and bounds of progress in this area, but I don't think his 'talk' giving skills are of the caliber that TED is looking for.

I think 'bitmarket', the guy that has been making videos, could do it.

charleshoskinson

I just spoke recently at TEDx Bermuda. I like the format and the people. Highly recommend.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
It's my understanding that TED / TEDx speakers are by invitation only. Howe would you propose we "get BM invited"?

TEDx events can be set up by anyone after applying for a lisence:
https://www.ted.com/participate/organize-a-local-tedx-event/before-you-start/event-types

Offline Thom

It's my understanding that TED / TEDx speakers are by invitation only. Howe would you propose we "get BM invited"?
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline jojomaster

• View Profile
TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) is a global set of conferences owned by the private non-profit Sapling Foundation, under the slogan: "Ideas Worth Spreading".

TED was founded in 1984 as a one-off event. The annual conference began in 1990, in Monterey, California. TED's early emphasis was technology and design, consistent with its origins in the Silicon Valley.

The TED main conference is held annually in Vancouver, British Columbia and its companion TEDActive is held in Whistler, B.C. In 2014, both conferences moved to British Columbia from Long Beach and Palm Springs, California respectively. TED events are also held throughout North America and in Europe and Asia, offering live streaming of the talks. They address a wide range of topics within the research and practice of science and culture, often through storytelling.The speakers are given a maximum of 18 minutes to present their ideas in the most innovative and engaging ways they can.Past presenters include Bill Clinton, Jane Goodall, Malcolm Gladwell, Al Gore, Gordon Brown, Richard Dawkins, Bill Gates, Bono, Mike Rowe, Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin, and many Nobel Prize winners. TED's current curator is the British former computer journalist and magazine publisher Chris Anderson.

Bitshares is  a critically interesting subject that would make people amazed at it. However , most people haven't even heard anything about it so far. That is regretting. So we can try to put BM onto the stage of TED and tell the whole world  ,BTS reimagine everything.