Author Topic: 0.4.23: an instance of Bitshares already running WIN7  (Read 5855 times)

Offline mira

• View Profile
No, I haven't tried 4.23.1 yet.  This was the first time I'd compiled from source, and am not confident how to update.  Could you advise?  Or should I move this to the stupid questions thread....?

Offline svk

Was resolved for me with v0.4.23.1, did you try that?

I never saw this on Linux though.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline mira

• View Profile
I'm getting this same error message on a Linux installation that was previously working.

Prior to receiving this message it needed to rebuild the database, but hung for so many hours I terminated.  After that trying to restart I get the message "An instance of BitShares X is already running!  Please close it and try again" as soon as it tries to rebuild the database.

Using command ps -ef shows no other instance running. 

Any suggestions of how to resolve?

Offline svk

I had something similar but not exactly the same.

I tried to install v0.4.23 on a windows machine where no version of the client has ever been installed.  I didn't get the End User Agreement as is normally the case when installing new, but instead the program behaved as if I already had a wallet set up - asking me for my password.  I removed everything and tried v0.4.22 and everything worked as it should; first the End User Agreement, etc.

A fresh install of 0.4.22 gives me the exact same error as 0.4.23 :(

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile
I had something similar but not exactly the same.

I tried to install v0.4.23 on a windows machine where no version of the client has ever been installed.  I didn't get the End User Agreement as is normally the case when installing new, but instead the program behaved as if I already had a wallet set up - asking me for my password.  I removed everything and tried v0.4.22 and everything worked as it should; first the End User Agreement, etc.

Offline svk

I just installed the wallet on my Windows 7 64 partition and I get a strange error immediately after the splash screen:

I say strange because obviously there isn't another instance running.. Anyone seen this before? Anyone have a fix?

I tried uninstalling then re-installing, same thing. Oh and uninstalling just removed my wallet and all blockchain data with no warning, kind of annoying..