Author Topic: Why is bitUSD so underpriced at the moment?  (Read 3400 times)

zerosum

Margin Call Orders... sort by expiration date in the GUI.

10 days until the first expiration.

That's what I thought.
I am no programmer, but is it a good practice the GUI to have functions missing in the CLI?

Offline bytemaster

Margin Call Orders... sort by expiration date in the GUI.

10 days until the first expiration. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I went allin yesterday on bitUSD because of the price difference and other thoughts.  Today was a good day for me. 

So.... what is the console command to figure out the short expiration times and thus when I can expect closer parity in bitUSD price ?
I speak for myself and only myself.

busygin

Most of the sell wall has been moved to the price feed value, just about 30K bitUSD is left to buy cheap  ;)

Offline robrigo

How will bitUSD play into DevShares? Will they be brought over with the snapshot or just PTS/AGS/BTSX?

I'm also curious if BTSX in open market orders (short collateral) will be included in the snapshot.

zerosum

How will bitUSD play into DevShares? Will they be brought over with the snapshot or just PTS/AGS/BTSX?

Now, that is a good question!

Offline Riverhead

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
No bots presently running AFAIKT...

As to the main question...I will pay good money to the one who tells me.

[2 posts to go]
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 08:46:56 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

busygin

The sell bitUSD wall @ 45.0230 is being eaten slowly but steadily. There are two more behind it. They can be eaten in a few days if BTSX downtrend continues (that seems likely provided the weak bitcoin market and the fact that our next marketing push is still some time away from now).

Offline bytemaster

Just wait... the first shorts are approaching expiration next week at which point in time we should start seeing a steady supply of bids attempting to buy BitUSD cheap that get closer and closer to the peg as their expiration approaches.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
i would not run a bot right now. to much selling pressure. i like to decide by myself and try to trade every day a little bit, to build a liquid market. if eyeryone is doing it we should be fine.

It would be helpful to get some purpose for bitUSD

- to buy .p2p domains for bitUSD will help
- pay bountys in bitUSD or bitCNY etc.

we should think to transfer as many fees as possible to be paid in bitUSD and not in BTSX or BTS in the future. i support to make more "applications" to use bitUSD as payment.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I thought liquidity bots were running that would keep it closer to the peg ?    Where is my thinking wrong ?  Liquidity bots stopped being profitable because bitusd has been going down consistently, so they were turned off ?

i don't think someone runs liquidity bots for over 250k.

Well I was meaning that I thought people were actively doing this, but I wasn't saying the market looked like it.  So if the liquidity bots are not running, is it because the steady downtrend lately has made them have a negative return ?

I finally got a 2nd windows machine so I finally have a working wallet that stays up and running. (Windows 8 > Windows 7 in this instance)  So I've just started playing with the trading system and trying to really wrap my head around what all is going on.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

I thought liquidity bots were running that would keep it closer to the peg ?    Where is my thinking wrong ?  Liquidity bots stopped being profitable because bitusd has been going down consistently, so they were turned off ?

i don't think someone runs liquidity bots for over 250k.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

Can anyone explain why bitUSD is so far off the peg?  Is it something to do with the needs of the short/long positions?

People are waiting to see if we get a correction back down below 45. If it stays at 48 for a couple days, the peg should correct. Yesterday the peg was rock solid, then the feeds changed, and now it's off.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline gamey

• View Profile