Author Topic: What does a BitUSD early adopter look like?  (Read 5048 times)

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
It's standard marketing practice to clearly define what an early adopter (of your product) looks like. It's not sufficient to say "lets target everyone". You need to target a very narrow band if you want conversion rate to be high. Here's how I see the ideal early adopter of BitUSD and other BitAssets:

Sex: Male
Education: University
Political: Libertarian

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Alright, but I would add to the list that virtually all early adopters were familiar with /users of bitcoin before coming to BitShares.

I'm trying to look past the crypto community and identify who is most likely to use a BitAsset going forward. What type of person is most likely to convert into a user, not just a wealthy Western speculator...

I see BitShares as a company that offers products (BitAssets) to niche markets that need them most. Wealthy Western speculators will be the ones buying up BTS if they see the product BitShares offers getting adoption. Apple has to sell its computers before investors will buy APPL.

A BitAsset customer will look very different than a BTS investor.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:04:56 pm by MeTHoDx »

Offline onceuponatime

While your ideal early adopter demographic sounds good in theory, my question would be: How come so very, very few of we early adopters fit your ideal? domographic?

I would say besides the "Latin America" category (no marketing in that area), we all fit the bill quite nicely.

Alright, but I would add to the list that virtually all early adopters were familiar with /users of bitcoin before coming to BitShares.

Offline russkroe

• View Profile
It's standard marketing practice to clearly define what an early adopter (of your product) looks like. It's not sufficient to say "lets target everyone". You need to target a very narrow band if you want conversion rate to be high. Here's how I see the ideal early adopter of BitUSD and other BitAssets:

While your ideal early adopter demographic sounds good in theory, my question would be: How come so very, very few of we early adopters fit your ideal? domographic?

Agreed. I think that the Location needs some work. Other than that I fit into it except you may want to broaden the occupation to include Finance/Economics. I'm sure I'm not the only individual who follows Austrian economics in this forum.

Most of the Tech related posts/concepts are over my head, but I know there are a lot of economists/finance professionals would be sold on the idea of Bitshares. Especially if they lean libertarian.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code

I would say besides the "Latin America" category (no marketing in that area), we all fit the bill quite nicely.

Offline onceuponatime

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code