Author Topic: Shopify now available for Doge and Litecoin, How about BitUSD?  (Read 3730 times)

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
hey guys, I agree, we need this.  I have no direct involvement with APIs.  Those who do I'm sure know this and have it on thier list of things to be done soon. b

Thank you Brian, I passed this request along to the devs and will make a mention tomorrow in the Dev Hangout.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
hey guys, I agree, we need this.  I have no direct involvement with APIs.  Those who do I'm sure know this and have it on thier list of things to be done soon. b

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

The problem is the wallet's API is so different from Bitcoin.  If it is possible with our blockchain then I again ask that the developers abstract out the payment transaction handling into something where bitcoin api can be implemented without major disruption. 

I'd really like to hear an answer to this question above.
=============

Offline GaltReport

The problem is the wallet's API is so different from Bitcoin.  If it is possible with our blockchain then I again ask that the developers abstract out the payment transaction handling into something where bitcoin api can be implemented without major disruption. 

This is why none of these guys accept bitUSD, it is too much work for them.  We can fix that by doing the work on our end. 

I realize that this is a bitter pill, but please explain to us that it can't be reasonably done or start taking steps in that direction.  There are a lot of goofy ideas with marginal utility floating about.  IMO this is closer to a necessity .... OR we just ignore being part of the crypto economy until we don't need them much and  instead they need us.

+5% on bolded part.  Need pretty narrow focus now on cleanup, utility and adoption.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
I wouldn't be surprised if they've already contacted GoCoin & maybe the marketing announcement in December/whenever may involve GoCoin.

Not holding my breath.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Considering GoCoin already processes Bitcoin, LiteCoin & DogeCoin, 1, 3 & 5 by CAP, why not BTS at no.4? I think they would be open to BTS if it wasn't too hard to integrate.

I wouldn't be surprised if they've already contacted GoCoin & maybe the marketing announcement in December/whenever may involve GoCoin.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I realize I misused marginal utility.  I mean something else, more like 'small amount of utility'.  Oops.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

This is why none of these guys accept bitUSD, it is too much work for them.  We can fix that by doing the work on our end. 

I realize that this is a bitter pill, but please explain to us that it can't be reasonably done or start taking steps in that direction.  There are a lot of goofy ideas with marginal utility floating about.  IMO this is closer to a necessity .... OR we just ignore being part of the crypto economy until we don't need them much and  instead they need us.

+5%
=============

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
I agree having a BitUSD store of some kind would be huge...

We need a shopping cart for BitUSD ASAP.

The merchants I've talked to have no interest in BitUSD because nobody uses it. Once BitUSD is being used as a store of value, 3rd party developers will do all the heavy lifting on their own. Focus on the low hanging fruit to get momentum.

It's much easier to have a conversation with businesses on a platform such as Shopify when it takes a barely no effort to accept through an established payment processor. When average Joe asks "So where can you use this BitUSD", it would be nice to be able to respond that it's accepted by tens of thousands of businesses. To me, that's the low hanging fruit.  They are also making headway into iGaming, another huge opportunity.

Yeah I agree. Strategic partnerships all the way.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

The merchants I've talked to have no interest in BitUSD because nobody uses it. Once BitUSD is being used as a store of value, 3rd party developers will do all the heavy lifting on their own. Focus on the low hanging fruit to get momentum.

It's much easier to have a conversation with businesses on a platform such as Shopify when it takes a barely no effort to accept through an established payment processor. When average Joe asks "So where can you use this BitUSD", it would be nice to be able to respond that it's accepted by tens of thousands of businesses. To me, that's the low hanging fruit.  They are also making headway into iGaming, another huge opportunity.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:31:03 pm by hpenvy »
=============

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
http://www.coindesk.com/gocoin-brings-altcoin-payments-shopify-merchants/

"With the integration, GoCoin will be made available as a payment option to more than 120,000 merchants who conduct their online sales through the Shopify platform. The list of merchants using the platform now includes companies like General Electric and Tesla Motors."

1. Has anyone from the marketing team made contact with GoCoin? I believe they were at the Inside Bitcoins event?
2. If so, have they communicated any challenges or requirements before considering to add?

If you're not a fan of a payment processor and rather merchants just accept BitUSD directly, I want to argue a few points.

- A payment processor would allow the merchant to decide on the percentages. For the crypto enthusiasts, they can request a higher percentage of BitUSD and lower amount of fiat for any purchase. For those that aren't interested in crypto at all, that merchant could be paid in all or mostly fiat. Either way, BitUSD is becoming more a name.

- The price stability is a safer choice for a payment processor than Litecoin or Doge.

- The liquidity would drastically increase as BitUSD is now being used as a medium of exchange.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:16:56 pm by hpenvy »
=============