Author Topic: Two obvious steps to increase the yield of bitAssets.  (Read 2312 times)

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
I agree with the general sentiment here.  I've started getting a little concerned about the seeming zeal to spend via dilution without clear measures of results, milestones etc...

The kinda of zeal you see when you are spending other people's money.  Reminds me of my home owner's association.  Their mere existence seems to encourage them to come up with ways to collect and spend more money.  I think they consider it their job to do so. :(  Also, now that I think about it, my wife and children have lots of ideas on how to spend "our" money. :)  But I digress...

Lots of good ideas and excitement for them but an actual "rocket scientist" once told me that good ideas are a  dime a dozen, it's people with the time, resources and perseverance to implement them that are hard to find.

I'm fine with delegate pay for marketing efforts and small sign-up bonuses as well.

I'm not in favor of censoring anyone, just looking for that calm, mature judgement needed when spending collective resources.

Yes, we need more marketing. MethodX's delegate is a decent first step. I am of the opinion that if we see the slightest proof (cause it is really hard to measure results in his case) that his efforts are producing results or even suspect they might be producing results or even see that if no obvious direct results at least he is trying to spend the funds wisely, we should encourage him to increase the # of delegates (so he can have a better funding).

I am just trying to make perfectly clear that I am not against marketing, not even the slightest. But I am against clear suicidal missions hiding behind  'great marketing ideas'.

I am also for supporting MethodX's delegate.  I will even offer to run it for him if he wants so long as I get my cost covered.

I own 3 dedicated servers. Two are "owned" by my company and one is my own (namecheap). As I type this I'm looking at how to actually set this thing up... I could use some tech help!

Offline GaltReport

I agree with the general sentiment here.  I've started getting a little concerned about the seeming zeal to spend via dilution without clear measures of results, milestones etc...

The kinda of zeal you see when you are spending other people's money.  Reminds me of my home owner's association.  Their mere existence seems to encourage them to come up with ways to collect and spend more money.  I think they consider it their job to do so. :(  Also, now that I think about it, my wife and children have lots of ideas on how to spend "our" money. :)  But I digress...

Lots of good ideas and excitement for them but an actual "rocket scientist" once told me that good ideas are a  dime a dozen, it's people with the time, resources and perseverance to implement them that are hard to find.

I'm fine with delegate pay for marketing efforts and small sign-up bonuses as well.

I'm not in favor of censoring anyone, just looking for that calm, mature judgement needed when spending collective resources.

Yes, we need more marketing. MethodX's delegate is a decent first step. I am of the opinion that if we see the slightest proof (cause it is really hard to measure results in his case) that his efforts are producing results or even suspect they might be producing results or even see that if no obvious direct results at least he is trying to spend the funds wisely, we should encourage him to increase the # of delegates (so he can have a better funding).

I am just trying to make perfectly clear that I am not against marketing, not even the slightest. But I am against clear suicidal missions hiding behind  'great marketing ideas'.

I am also for supporting MethodX's delegate.  I will even offer to run it for him if he wants so long as I get my cost covered.

zerosum

Offline gamey

• View Profile
No one is being censored or harassed it is just an open discussion which may be a bit tough.  We have to be this way to counteract all the people who are willing to spend the time silver tonguing the forum.  Claims of harassment and censorship are just more manipulation trying to take a martyr role.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline GaltReport

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:49:00 pm by GaltReport »

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Step#2 – Let’s provide some security for those shorts aka BTSX bulls, by making damn curtain that crazy ideas suggesting dilution for ‘marketing purposes’ are a no go.  By marketing ideas here I mean - providing guaranteed interest to subsidize the yield. This does not bring confidence in any BTSX bull.

And 'yes' stop coming with fancy ideas like this one https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10739.0

While I'm sure you simply didn't think this through, you're basically advocating censorship of people with suggestions or opinions different from yours. You're literally trying to control what other people are allowed to post on the forum.

How do you plan to enforce this, by harassing people who speak their mind?

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
I agree, I prefer no guaranteed yield.

I don't mind small deposit/sign up bonuses for new users, if they can't be easily gamed and they're properly targeted.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Step #1 – lets collect 100% of the yield that she shorts are willing to pay… Yes, right now we are happy with 50% of it.

Step#2 – Let’s provide some security for those shorts aka BTSX bulls, by making damn curtain that crazy ideas suggesting dilution for ‘marketing purposes’ are a no go.  By marketing ideas here I mean - providing guaranteed interest to subsidize the yield. This does not bring confidence in any BTSX bull.

And 'yes' stop coming with fancy ideas like this one https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10739.0
before we have working basic client.  Reducing the # of people able and willing to touch the client does not help. We all have great ideas for improvements...

0.02 BTSX [3 posts to go]
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.