Author Topic: Take a step back - and see what you have done so far!  (Read 2095 times)

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline fuzzy

Take a step back - and see what you have done, so far BM!
 You and a generation or two will be amazed at what you have done so far!

You have, for all practical purposes, proven that the  Digital Assets' Peg works!

I am pretty sure this will be something included in the history books.
I would beg you to not start proving that  not only you created the computer (as John Atanasoff did in 1941) aka the Pegged Digital Assets,  but also made it available to the masses like Apple in the 80's, became the software giant that Microsoft was; the best search engine ever and the mother of all search engines like Google; and  made the brand of all brands like Apple did in its late stages;

What I am trying to say is - keep it simple (no need to over prove yourself);

- Titan is great! Make it optional! Let everything be one human unreadable account with one private key. Let everybody familiar with bitcoin implement connection to BTSX in a blip!
- Forget the precision of yield implementation (and even leave untouchable amounts in the security funds)... Just use simple division and forget about precision.
- Forget about GUI requests and make something simple.
- Remove all grandfathered short and make it as simple as competing for interest. (Just leave the possibility to going from 3x collateral to 2x collateral, as easy as changing one variable).
- Make this bare minimum basic client available for anybody to test... Make it final after 2-3-5-7 weeks of tests.
-Do not listen to grand ideas how the peg, marketing engine, database, GUI, marketing plan or whatever can be 'made perfect' by any one... from this forum or someone speaking wisely about Eden in your years... just do it as simple as possible...

And then let it become what is should... the best innovation in the last xx years.

Beautifully stated TonyK. I dig the positive message...though my paranoia would tend to make me look at this post in relation to your other posts critically  >:(

(joke)^
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
BitAssets are a great invention.

Bytemaster will go down in the history books for that one invention alone.

I agree with keeping it simple with a core focus on BtAssets.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 10:09:55 am by Empirical1.1 »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

julian1

keep it simple

This is vital to grab folks attention long enough for them find some aspect of the message that resonates. 

Two other counter-intuitive and potentially complicating issues I see are,

• The absence of a fixed supply limit for bts/x. The 21 Million upper limit for the bitcoin base is a devastating rebuttal of modern fiat money creation and it's arguable that it's one of the key attributes of bitcoin's success.

In contrast, the fact that Bitshares bakes an inflationary model into the protocol - as a mechanism for delegates to raise funding makes it a much tougher sell imho. Also, when there are already many sketchy alt-coins doing a similar thing (Doge etc), Bitshares risks being associated with them.
  • The order-matching algorithm is contrary to other market approaches.

If I need to purchase 100Bitusd to fund an online transaction, and have to buy from two different sellers to make the quota, I shouldn't pay the second seller's higher rate to the first seller! In economic theory this difference is called economic or consumer surplus, and is one of the primary reasons that competitive markets where participant's cannot price discriminate are regarded so highly - eg because the 'surplus' is returned to them (The forum won't let me link the Wikipedia article on this topic).

The current matching algorithm is also contrary to the principle of least surprise from an API/UI point of view. And it penalizes anyone who isn't prepared or doesn't have time to iteratively pick off each counter-parties' offer to make their order quota.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 09:19:56 am by julian1 »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
?
I'm just saying if I was capable of coding i.e. a web wallet for the masses .. or mobile wallet .. I would start working on it right now ..
I just can't ..

zerosum

Being a coder could be so cool these days ... plenty of ideas and work .. just pick some!

Oh boy.. I already regret i didn't study computational science ..
?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Being a coder could be so cool these days ... plenty of ideas and work .. just pick some!

Oh boy.. I already regret i didn't study computational science ..

Offline House

• CEO BTCOR Group
    • View Profile
    • BTCOR
  • BitShares: house-ceo
Wonderful post Tonyk. +5%
I too would like to add to the voice of encouragement and just simply say "Bravo"

Bitshares represents a visionary adaptation that punctuates the soft whisper of freedom.

Yes indeed, draw back, take a deep breath and re-balance yourself BM. You have accomplished much, yet their is much to do.

Thank you Bitshares Team (That means you who read this now) If it wasn't for the great forum participation of well articulated ideas and banter, I may never have appreciated the conviction you have, and thus I have.

[ ...shakes hands with everyone in the room... ]

zerosum

Take a step back - and see what you have done, so far BM!
 You and a generation or two will be amazed at what you have done so far!

You have, for all practical purposes, proven that the  Digital Assets' Peg works!

I am pretty sure this will be something included in the history books.
I would beg you to not start proving that  not only you created the computer (as John Atanasoff did in 1941) aka the Pegged Digital Assets,  but also made it available to the masses like Apple in the 80's, became the software giant that Microsoft was; the best search engine ever and the mother of all search engines like Google; and  made the brand of all brands like Apple did in its late stages;

What I am trying to say is - keep it simple (no need to over prove yourself);

- Titan is great! Make it optional! Let everything be one human unreadable account with one private key. Let everybody familiar with bitcoin implement connection to BTSX in a blip!
- Forget the precision of yield implementation (and even leave untouchable amounts in the security funds)... Just use simple division and forget about precision.
- Forget about GUI requests and make something simple.
- Remove all grandfathered short and make it as simple as competing for interest. (Just leave the possibility to going from 3x collateral to 2x collateral, as easy as changing one variable).
- Make this bare minimum basic client available for anybody to test... Make it final after 2-3-5-7 weeks of tests.
-Do not listen to grand ideas how the peg, marketing engine, database, GUI, marketing plan or whatever can be 'made perfect' by any one... from this forum or someone speaking wisely about Eden in your years... just do it as simple as possible...

And then let it become what is should... the best innovation in the last xx years.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 06:51:16 am by tonyk2 »