Author Topic: I hope new bts will rise 200% after 11.05  (Read 11486 times)

Offline Riverhead

I3 needs to get the market cap to the point a delegate can take $150k USD/year.

Exactly. Once I can earn a living wage as a delegate I can quit my current job and focus full time on growing BTS. As an IT delegate this would mean developing tools, services, etc. to assist other delegates (VPS images, auto-upgrades, auto-failover, ??), sponsoring development efforts like SVK's block explorer. Hosting how-to technical sessions for anyone that wants to learn how to become/run a delegate.

So much to do once I have the time.

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Therefore, at 2 cents per BTS, a max pay delegate gets paid just over $30k USD per year.   
At higher BTS prices its obviously higher. 

At 5-10x current market share price, a paid delegate makes significant money and we can hire develops away from other coins, etc.

At 100x current market share price, a 100% paid deleagte funds a huge marketing campaign, or a whole team of developers.  At that point we would probably have most of our paid delegates not actually be at 100%, but a much lower percentage.  (Which also means that inflation will be a lot lower).

And this is why BitShares will win.

I3 needs to get the market cap to the point a delegate can take $150k USD/year.

This will be the tipping point.

As for the recent drop in market cap... a savvy AGS/PTS investor with substantial BTSX holdings is using the recent course correction (merger etc.) to tank share price.

The extremely low liquidity is easy money for larger market participants.

This is nothing unusual and comes with the territory - use it as an opportunity to accumulate.

BTS is going to be worth billions. Buy, hold, be entertained.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Therefore, at 2 cents per BTS, a max pay delegate gets paid just over $30k USD per year.   
At higher BTS prices its obviously higher. 

At 5-10x current market share price, a paid delegate makes significant money and we can hire develops away from other coins, etc.

At 100x current market share price, a 100% paid deleagte funds a huge marketing campaign, or a whole team of developers.  At that point we would probably have most of our paid delegates not actually be at 100%, but a much lower percentage.  (Which also means that inflation will be a lot lower).
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
In theory, I can short BitBTC now as I wait for Coinbase to take their sweet time with the BTC buy order (damn slow ACH) so that I can get the exposure to BTSX that I want right now and then later cover the short using BitBTC purchased with real BTC when it finally arrives. However, in practice there isn't enough BitBTC buy demand to actually pull this off.

It is really annoying having to go through BTC to move USD into the BitShares system. Can't wait for proper on-ramps.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Correct
50bts per round .. not sure but also gets paid when block is missed afaik

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Delegates can receive up to 50 new BTS per block *if* their pay rate is 100% and voters approved of them.

I almost have my delegate set up. I registered delegate.methodx about a month ago and set the "pay" to 10%. If I want 100% pay to put toward advertising, can the % be increased? Will the new rules set everyone at 50 BTS per block? Should I register a completely new delegate account and start from 100%?
[/quote]

After the hard fork, register a delegate with 100%.   Until then don't bother registering a delegate because the pay will be set to 3%... you cannot increase the pay rate of a delegate after registration.
[/quote]

Just to clarify:  Each delegate with a 100% pay rate would receive 50 BTS for each block that they created, correct?  Meaning that once every 101 blocks, when their turn came around, they would get paid 50 BTS? 

(Not that they would get 50 BTS for each block that *any* delegate created.  Correct?)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Yup I called the bottom so hopefully you didnt sell... I think we head up to around $500 on btc and time will tell on how bts will react.. if we make new highs on bts then we are good... depends on how charts look as btc rises... if bts has a hardt ime rising vs btc then the market is saying we don't have our game straight yet.. need more technology or better marketing etc etc.. but I believe panic sellers personally just gave up similar to speculators giving up during the times when bitcoin crashed down to $3 or $50 after new ATH's.

I wouldn't worry about charts (but thanks for calling the bottom; I bought more!). We know there's a better client, GUI, wallets, and a marketing push on the way. Until then, even a drop like this is really just static.

There shall be fireworks if a 4h close above 0.1160 CNY... if it can sustain price after that then we are good.. until then its a very strong bear and it would be risky to try to long unless you got in under 0.1 or something.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

How does delegate system allow funding development/marketing?

Voters can elect paid delegates who will receive bitshares each block, and can then use them to fund development, fund marketing campaigns, etc.

This was one of the main new things in the changes to Bitshares.

Where do the Bitshares come from?  Do they print new ones out of thin air?  I know there was talk of allowing voters to inflate the supply to their hearts content..

If noone approves of any delegate recieving any funding because they beleive the supply is too high they will simply not vote for any delegate which receives any new bts because they value the supply being static more than than what any of the delegates are publishing themselves for in exchange for their services... That is probably more in line with your thinking because I know that you are stuck on the whole "inflation" thing based on your post.

Economy moves as new technologies are developed (in a distributed manor) creating velocity... that is the goal.. it is a stronger driver of scarcity than anything else... in the long term.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 10:00:43 pm by jsidhu »

Offline bytemaster

Voters can elect paid delegates who will receive bitshares each block, and can then use them to fund development, fund marketing campaigns, etc.

Where do the Bitshares come from?  Do they print new ones out of thin air?  I know there was talk of allowing voters to inflate the supply to their hearts content..

Delegates can receive up to 50 new BTS per block *if* their pay rate is 100% and voters approved of them.

I almost have my delegate set up. I registered delegate.methodx about a month ago and set the "pay" to 10%. If I want 100% pay to put toward advertising, can the % be increased? Will the new rules set everyone at 50 BTS per block? Should I register a completely new delegate account and start from 100%?

After the hard fork, register a delegate with 100%.   Until then don't bother registering a delegate because the pay will be set to 3%... you cannot increase the pay rate of a delegate after registration.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
now that s what I call a nice thing to look forward to .... I'm going to be a DELEGATE.

Offline bytemaster

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline hughmanwho

• View Profile

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Yup I called the bottom so hopefully you didnt sell... I think we head up to around $500 on btc and time will tell on how bts will react.. if we make new highs on bts then we are good... depends on how charts look as btc rises... if bts has a hardt ime rising vs btc then the market is saying we don't have our game straight yet.. need more technology or better marketing etc etc.. but I believe panic sellers personally just gave up similar to speculators giving up during the times when bitcoin crashed down to $3 or $50 after new ATH's.

I wouldn't worry about charts (but thanks for calling the bottom; I bought more!). We know there's a better client, GUI, wallets, and a marketing push on the way. Until then, even a drop like this is really just static.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

The date to look forward to if you're a long term holder is 08-01-2016. After that date you can expect Bitshares to reach a market cap in the billions if everyone in the community keeps working hard.

There is something very special about this date. The Bitshares developers know what happens on this date and it can be planned for.

I'll take a guess. The date the fat lady sings?

PoW may well be dead before then. And with the benefits of BitShares and the pace that crypto moves, I think this could get entrenched well before two years' time. But here's a clock in case anyone needs one: http://bitcoinclock.com/

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Delegate system is a win for long term valuation.. right now some ppl panic sold BTC to get back into fiat mostly USD... and thus price is falling on every coin.. however I believe a bottom is now in and currently being formed so it may be a good idea to start building long positions in an aggressive manor... the people who panic sold will be back and buy higher.. especially after nov 5th... everything seems to line up for another ATH if all goes to plan.

I agree, bitcoin was taking down every altcoin with it, and we were getting doubly hit by that as well as the uncertainty surrounding bitshares lately.

Bitcoin just started to rally in the past hour, and BTSX is recovering as well.  Hopefully the worst of this is now behind us and we will start to rise now.

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Offline hughmanwho

• View Profile
It's still got good long term potential.  Not as much as Nxt but it's always a great idea to diversify.

Also, keep in mind that the reason for the spike was largely because people thought Overstock might go with BTSX.. which is clearly not happening anymore.  Also the other big thing BTSX had going for it was BitUSD.. but clearly NuBits is maintaining a much more stable price, while BitUSD has been a little bit weak.

Wow, you managed to say, all in one post:
NXT > BTSX.
Nubits > bitUSD.
And that our price rise was people fantasizing about an overstock partnership.

The absolute worst thing about this price drop is having to watch people be able to make all these bullshit statements in one post, and have it seem like they might actually be right because BTSX is getting destroyed.

I think it's amazing that our competitors are completely oblivious to the fact that our advantage is clearly the delegate system and the way it allows us to fund development/marketing directly.

Overstock, bitUSD or other stuff is completely irrelevant in the face of a blockchain that is incentivized to pay for its own upgrades. It's like the economic version of the much anticipated AI singularity.

As long as they focus on the individual features (which are currently still pretty great, even compared to NXT and nubits), and not the actual reason for these features (and their future improvements which is the real killer), they are not even really competing with us.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
There have been rumours that a single big seller (with 700+BTC) was suppressing the price for weeks.  It seemed like he stopped, maybe he started again.  With such as small market it can just be caused by 1 person or a few people.  Doesn't change the value proposition.  That and bitcoin going down doesn't help.  2015 will be the year of bitshares.

The date to look forward to if you're a long term holder is 08-01-2016. After that date you can expect Bitshares to reach a market cap in the billions if everyone in the community keeps working hard.

There is something very special about this date. The Bitshares developers know what happens on this date and it can be planned for.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Delegate system is a win for long term valuation.. right now some ppl panic sold BTC to get back into fiat mostly USD... and thus price is falling on every coin.. however I believe a bottom is now in and currently being formed so it may be a good idea to start building long positions in an aggressive manor... the people who panic sold will be back and buy higher.. especially after nov 5th... everything seems to line up for another ATH if all goes to plan.

I agree, bitcoin was taking down every altcoin with it, and we were getting doubly hit by that as well as the uncertainty surrounding bitshares lately.

Bitcoin just started to rally in the past hour, and BTSX is recovering as well.  Hopefully the worst of this is now behind us and we will start to rise now.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
What makes me sad is actually not the price itself, I don't care about it, but rather all the people that have this game-changing technology in front of their eyes and still don't see it. I thought once we had a working peg people would understand the potential, but apparently I am mistaken about that. It is going to be way more difficult to get a wide user base than I originally expected.

On the other hand I am glad about every BTSX that is in the hands of a true believer. So happy buying.  8)

People are not going to see the potential until we SHOW them the potential and create buzz around the product to get attention.  Marketing overdue......tic toc.   And it's not about getting a stable product first.  The marketing can be just to create buzz.  as movies done with trailers before the move is out (ready).  Use Nubits as an example.  They played their novelty momentum pretty well, creating buzz/mystery and using the count down clock. I understand they got a lot of business out of it.  We need to be more sophisticated on the marketing front.  End of story.

+5%

Offline James212

• View Profile
What makes me sad is actually not the price itself, I don't care about it, but rather all the people that have this game-changing technology in front of their eyes and still don't see it. I thought once we had a working peg people would understand the potential, but apparently I am mistaken about that. It is going to be way more difficult to get a wide user base than I originally expected.

On the other hand I am glad about every BTSX that is in the hands of a true believer. So happy buying.  8)

People are not going to see the potential until we SHOW them the potential and create buzz around the product to get attention.  Marketing overdue......tic toc.   And it's not about getting a stable product first.  The marketing can be just to create buzz.  as movies done with trailers before the move is out (ready).  Use Nubits as an example.  They played their novelty momentum pretty well, creating buzz/mystery and using the count down clock. I understand they got a lot of business out of it.  We need to be more sophisticated on the marketing front.  End of story. 
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Offline Rune

• View Profile
It's still got good long term potential.  Not as much as Nxt but it's always a great idea to diversify.

Also, keep in mind that the reason for the spike was largely because people thought Overstock might go with BTSX.. which is clearly not happening anymore.  Also the other big thing BTSX had going for it was BitUSD.. but clearly NuBits is maintaining a much more stable price, while BitUSD has been a little bit weak.

NXT > BTSX.
Nubits > bitUSD.

The absolute worst thing about this price drop is having to watch people be able to make all these bullshit statements in one post, and have it seem like they might actually be right because BTSX is getting destroyed.

I think it's amazing that our competitors are completely oblivious to the fact that our advantage is clearly the delegate system and the way it allows us to fund development/marketing directly.

Overstock, bitUSD or other stuff is completely irrelevant in the face of a blockchain that is incentivized to pay for its own upgrades. It's like the economic version of the much anticipated AI singularity.

As long as they focus on the individual features (which are currently still pretty great, even compared to NXT and nubits), and not the actual reason for these features (and their future improvements which is the real killer), they are not even really competing with us.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline Ander

• View Profile

NXT > BTSX.
Nubits > bitUSD.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
It's the bubble popping..  look through my posts, I predicted this a month or two ago.

A bunch of people rushed in, all not wanting to miss out on the next big thing and they worried that BTSX would go higher than Ripple and they panic bought..  only now everyone who wanted it has already put as much as they could afford to risk in.. while the sellers still want to sell and the price is crashing.  It's unfortunate that there is so much panic buying in crypto.. because it always leads to crashes.

It's going to be continuing down for a week or two, then I'll pick some up as planned.  It's still got good long term potential.  Not as much as Nxt but it's always a great idea to diversify.

You seem to not understand the fact that its been coming down for a few months now... we could have hit bottom today.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
It's the bubble popping..  look through my posts, I predicted this a month or two ago.

A bunch of people rushed in, all not wanting to miss out on the next big thing and they worried that BTSX would go higher than Ripple and they panic bought..  only now everyone who wanted it has already put as much as they could afford to risk in.. while the sellers still want to sell and the price is crashing.  It's unfortunate that there is so much panic buying in crypto.. because it always leads to crashes.

It's going to be continuing down for a week or two, then I'll pick some up as planned.  It's still got good long term potential.  Not as much as Nxt but it's always a great idea to diversify.

lol. The funny part is that you actually seem to believe yourself. Come back in December; we'll be happy to discuss your bubble theories at that time. Good luck with nxt.

Offline ReWeR

• View Profile
After the 5th holding BTS is more valuable then holding BTSX before (Think all agree?). All the recent news is GOOD news, especially for BTSX holders. How can the price dropped so hard instead of rising?

I don't think the price drop is because people have lost faith in I3 or feel that the airdrop wasen't fair. Some people sure, but not this scale.

My view on the cause of the drop:

Nearly all the trade is CNY/BTSX.
Have the chinese misinterpret the news? And now there is alot of FUD in the chinese community?
or
There is somone manipulating the price? A few milion BTSX and you can easily get the price down -10%
The volume is so low.

People are cashing out right before takeoff, this don't make sense...
Or people are just selling the news? haha

Offline Rune

• View Profile
The only thing that could possibly scare me was if we lost market cap due to a competitor that was able to directly fund its own development and marketing in the same way we can. And if that happened, I'd just buy into that one instead.

As long as no such competitor appears, I'm simply not able to mentally construct a scenario where we don't eventually first take the crypto market cap (6 months), then the planetary market cap (30 years).

Also I bought in at 0.03 with my entire net worth, so I've lost almost 50% so far (I'm a terrible trader...). I'm more excited now than when I bought in.

Offline hughmanwho

• View Profile

zerosum

Sorry if this was asked already.

200% from what level?

Offline mortman

• View Profile

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
I think this is a good time to buy some , I want to ready some money
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
And there is still a guy wanting to dump 27 BTC on bter... argh

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
was a good timing for bitUSD buyers the last days...

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Every morning I wake up and se bitshares down another 10%

This is getting pretty bad. I have a feeling we see 25mil market cap before 11.05. A 200% gain after that won't even get us to new market cap highs plus our shares are all going to be diluted...

And another 20% gone in the last hour...

I love how people are saying just don't check the price and it will rebound eventually.  Easier said than done when your watching your hard earned money literally disappear in front of your eyes

It seems to be an unsustainable panic drop to me. The faster it falls, the quicker it ought to do a snap back, same as when it rises too quickly. But yea, pretty depressing lately...I was fully expecting a rally up toward the November 5th snapshot date; I'm pretty shocked that hasn't happened yet. I see the merger as hugely important and fairly executed, but apparently the market doesn't see that way...

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

This is getting pretty bad. I have a feeling we see 25mil market cap before 11.05. A 200% gain after that won't even get us to new market cap highs plus our shares are all going to be diluted...

And another 20% gone in the last hour...

I love how people are saying just don't check the price and it will rebound eventually.  Easier said than done when your watching your hard earned money literally disappear in front of your eyes

Offline ElMato

• View Profile

For me it's quite easy ..
I can only sell late next year .. otherwise I need to state all that stuff in my tax declaration .. after a year .. all capital gains are free of tax ..
So I am neither in a hurry .. nor am I in bad mood of current prices ..

Further, I understand both, the technical and the economical implications of having a decentralized exchanged (which we all OWN) that has market pegging assets .. bla bla bla bla .. could go on four hours ... bla bla ..

TL;DR .. I have confidence we will change the world ..

+5%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
For me it's quite easy ..
I can only sell late next year .. otherwise I need to state all that stuff in my tax declaration .. after a year .. all capital gains are free of tax ..
So I am neither in a hurry .. nor am I in bad mood of current prices ..

Further, I understand both, the technical and the economical implications of having a decentralized exchanged (which we all OWN) that has market pegging assets .. bla bla bla bla .. could go on four hours ... bla bla ..

TL;DR .. I have confidence we will change the world ..

Offline Riverhead

Yes, it's a good time to lower your average base cost. However I suspect many already have as much in as they're comfortable with (and some a bit more) so they're playing the waiting game.

My advice to them is stop hitting refresh on coinmarketcap.com.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Weak hands, be gone with you. Strong hands, now is the time to buy more. I actually promised myself I wouldn't look at the price the next few weeks, because in the greater scheme, it's totally irrelevant. But seeing it dropping this low makes me want to snap up a few more BTSX. We are headed for great things here.

200%? How about 2000%?

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
If one believes confidently in the long term potential of BTS, wouldn't it be rational to actually ENJOY a lowering price, at the condition that one has some money to buy more ?  Just wondering... I know the remorse of having bought high, but that's the past, and the past cannot be changed.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
For BTSX it will be tough short term. At the beginning of the month with highs of 0.000093 was when they thought they had a stable client & marketing incoming, with key developer focus for another 6-12 months and limited BitAsset competition.

I imagine from an exclusively BTSX shareholders point of view, BTSX is paying a 20% tax,  introducing dilution & a short term unstable client  in exchange for what they thought they already had at the beginning of the month.

I think the changes are necessary though and I'm looking forward to seeing BitSharesX become BitShares and I think we'll see the price rise steadily from there presuming no complications.

BTS will probably need to see some tangible benefits & developments before they appreciate the value of the merger and start hitting those highs again.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

merockstar

This is par for the course crypto volatility.

I don't understand how you can complain about a drop like this if you've been watching Bitcoin for the past two years.

I personally could not be more pleased with the timing. Tomorrow is payday.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I am not sure why people are so short-sighted .. :(

Offline Riverhead

The whole point of market manipulation is to make people think something material is happening when it isn't. Push the market down to make people think they missed some big news and sell. The lower you go the cheaper you can buy in.

I would be worried if the price was being manipulated up because that would mean someone with enough resources to manipulate the market was looking to cash out.

Offline bytemaster

It is always darkest before dawn.   We have all seen how fast it can rise on crazy volume.    Easy come, easy go.   

Living by the day to day price moves is a good way to lose sight of our mission. 

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline matt608

• View Profile
There have been rumours that a single big seller (with 700+BTC) was suppressing the price for weeks.  It seemed like he stopped, maybe he started again.  With such as small market it can just be caused by 1 person or a few people.  Doesn't change the value proposition.  That and bitcoin going down doesn't help.  2015 will be the year of bitshares.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I hope new bts will rise 200% after 11.05.
many people lose a lots of money.on btsx and dns pts
Not sure your numbers are correct ..  :P

Offline zhao150

• 老子早就不想当代表了
    • View Profile
I hope new bts will rise 200% after 11.05.
many people lose a lots of money.on btsx and dns pts
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 10:25:54 am by zhao150 »
老子早就不想当代表了