Author Topic: Will someone explain what will exactly happen on 5th Nov regarding BTSX?  (Read 4968 times)

Offline Riverhead

For BTS extra .5 million allocation, no additional work is needed before those shares exist.  Therefore it counts.  That value is already there, they are essentially existing shares, they just cannot be sold yet.

Point taken.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
If we're showing the full 2.5B should coinmarketcap.com show the fully mined out supply of Bitcoin?

To me the difference is:

Is additional WORK required to generate the extra supply?

For bitcoin, additional work (PoW mining) is needed before those coins exist.  Therefore it doesnt count.

For BTS paid delegate inflation, addtiional work (what we are paying the delegates to do) is needed before those shares exist.  Therefore it doesnt count.

For BTS extra .5 million allocation, no additional work is needed before those shares exist.  Therefore it counts.  That value is already there, they are essentially existing shares, they just cannot be sold yet.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Riverhead

...and all the features originally planned for Keyhotee are showing up one by one in BitShares.  It will be assimilated too.

#BorgNotBorg

;D 

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
can anybody explain what happened to keyhotee and how to recieve stake in DNS/VoTE if i never tested/take part in it?

As long as you have the private keys that you originally donated with you're all good. Keyhotee would need your BTC private key (wallet) and DNS/VOTE if you haven't claimed them you'll just get with your BTSX wallet.

...and all the features originally planned for Keyhotee are showing up one by one in BitShares.  It will be assimilated too.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Riverhead

can anybody explain what happened to keyhotee and how to recieve stake in DNS/VoTE if i never tested/take part in it?

As long as you have the private keys that you originally donated with you're all good. Keyhotee would need your BTC private key (wallet) and DNS/VOTE if you haven't claimed them you'll just get with your BTSX wallet.

Offline Riverhead

If we're showing the full 2.5B should coinmarketcap.com show the fully mined out supply of Bitcoin?

Offline Crossover

• View Profile

Offline Ander

• View Profile

That will be better for your self serving interest (and mine), to say nothing about the fact that is absolutely necessary in order for the promised dilution of 8% or less, to be true.
But to be totally honest, the other way around, i.e. showing the BTS in the supply after they are gradually released, is the more logical, imo.

I think that the 2.5B upfront, and then slowly increasing due to delegate pay, is more accurate and informative. 

After all, the people with AGS/PTS/DNS shares essentially have a certain number of BTS that they consider themself to own once Nov 5 hits, even if it cannot be immediately sold.  There will be 2.5 billion shares that someone things they own, once Nov 5 hits.

After that, there we slowly be more created as delegates get paid.  So I think that way makes more sense.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

zerosum

I was under the impression that the 500M extra shares will be added gradually over the 2-year vesting period. There would be no sudden jump like Ripple's.

They will slowly become available over 2 years.

I just think coinmarketcap should display the new total up front.

That will be better for your self serving interest (and mine), to say nothing about the fact that is absolutely necessary in order for the promised dilution of 8% or less, to be true.
But to be totally honest, the other way around, i.e. showing the BTS in the supply after they are gradually released, is the more logical, imo.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
I was under the impression that the 500M extra shares will be added gradually over the 2-year vesting period. There would be no sudden jump like Ripple's.

They will slowly become available over 2 years.

I just think coinmarketcap should display the new total up front.

Offline roadscape

http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Will the BTS total supply appear as 2.5 Billion on Nov 5th?

I think that would be preferable. As otherwise our perceived rate of dilution will be a lot higher.

It should, imo.

Coinmarketcap should list 2.5 billion BTS.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

I think that would be preferable. As otherwise our perceived rate of dilution will be a lot higher.
totally agree

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Be reminded .. that "airdropped" funds have a vesting period of 2 years .... which means .. you can get a 1/(2*365)-th part of your funds every day .. you can only withdraw all you funds after 2 years!

That introduces the risk of losing parts of your funds if the exchange shuts down within the next 2 years!
Unless you have them withdrawn to your own wallet!

So BTSX we already have on exchanges can be withdrawed no problem after 5th Nov, 2 years vesting period is only for new funds? I don't have PTS or AGS, I only have BTSX on exchange...

Yup, BTSX has no vesting period and nothing to worry about.