Author Topic: Who can tell me,Why do prices collapsed  (Read 2668 times)

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
2. What is the ownership structure of BTSX, i.e. who are the big holders? I guess I3 must be one of them but who else?
Has this ever been published on the forum or is this meant to be secret?

My current understanding which could be wrong

1. BTC38 block could control 10%
2. Key talent block could control 15%+ (I3 has 5%, BM 5-10%, Stan unknown, other...)

Given how little approval it takes to elect a delegate, I would say there's a potential centralisation issue despite both blocks being benevolent.

I think the I3 stake will be distributed somehow TBA which will help.

So we need to encourage more active voting stake. (Incentives, better security, new delegate system may help people be more involved.) We also need to encourage less BTSX being left on the exchanges. (We don't need to encourage less talent stake, because they need to be incentivised and actually deserve more.)

I don't even like bringing it up, but it is something that may need to be addressed/have a road map for, with dilution coming in, otherwise I feel it's going to hamstring our valuation.

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
btsx prices collapsed
pts prices collapsed
dns prices collapsed
why?

Market manipulators (those that pump and dump for profit) constantly look for reasons that the public/suckers will buy into a pump or sell into a dump. My guess is the toing, throwing and u turns we have seen recently makes a perfect storm for creating a panic dump. When BTS is released with we hope some marketing hype the manipulators will be given power to pump the price.

So, they accelerate the dump by selling into it. Then buy at a low price. Then when its time for the pump accelerate that too by buying into it a selling at a high price.

Its been the same with all coins and the more liquidity you have them more vulnerable you are to attack. For long term holders i dont think it make a lot of difference but obviously we need more reasons for manipulators to pump and less for them to dump :-)

chryspano

This decline in price of btsx reminds me the 50k btc dump that happened after the news that silk road was shut down.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
btsx prices collapsed
pts prices collapsed
dns prices collapsed
why?

Because people aren't buying BitUSD. Also because it's the holiday season and people are probably going to start cashing out of Bitcoin and crypto in general.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I have similar questions:
1. Does anybody know who has been doing the selling for the past 2-3 weeks?
Is it one of the big holders or is it just the small fish getting in a panic mode?
Even if I knew the answer to that question .. what does that information tell you?

2. What is the ownership structure of BTSX, i.e. who are the big holders? I guess I3 must be one of them but who else?
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9283.0;all
But it does NOT identify individuals .. only the initial stakes in the addresses ..
due to TITAN it is just impossible to tell how owns how many ..

at least Rune claims to have 10M BTSX .. BM has something in between of 100 and 180B .. BTER.com "owns" roughly 200M in costumer funds ..

From the link above:
Code: [Select]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
top 10 addresses collective percentage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
top    1 addresses collectively own      58,783,757 BTSX (  2.94%)
top    2 addresses collectively own     116,215,883 BTSX (  5.81%)
top    3 addresses collectively own     157,771,275 BTSX (  7.89%)
top    4 addresses collectively own     190,946,909 BTSX (  9.55%)
top    5 addresses collectively own     223,154,898 BTSX ( 11.16%)
top    6 addresses collectively own     255,362,887 BTSX ( 12.77%)
top    7 addresses collectively own     282,127,577 BTSX ( 14.11%)
top    8 addresses collectively own     307,893,968 BTSX ( 15.39%)
top    9 addresses collectively own     324,971,245 BTSX ( 16.25%)

jakub

I have similar questions:
1. Does anybody know who has been doing the selling for the past 2-3 weeks?
Is it one of the big holders or is it just the small fish getting in a panic mode?

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
DNS was "merged" into BTSX and so was PTS. My guess for BTSX's price decline is uncertainty. There are a lot of things that have changed recently. This will all change very soon though and the price should stabilize and go up.

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
Not sure about BTSX, but if it falls it only makes sense that everything that is going to get snapshotted (PTS, DNS) falls proportionally.

EDIT: Under the premise that its value after the snapshot is going to be near 0. (which I actually expect)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 08:20:44 am by Frodo »

Offline gyhy

• View Profile
btsx prices collapsed
pts prices collapsed
dns prices collapsed
why?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 07:59:24 am by gyhy »