Author Topic: Exchange like bitshares website project, do you think its worth a delegate vote?  (Read 7765 times)

Offline jamesc

Please take a look at github.com/BitShares/BitShares-JS for our work on performing TITAN and other crypto functions in javascript.

Thanks - I've browsed that already and was hoping to contribute to it with the extra work that needs to be done to fully support this :)

Great, let me know if you have any questions...  I'm up to speed on the fundamentals and need to start parsing transaction very soon.  8)

Offline House

• CEO BTCOR Group
    • View Profile
    • BTCOR
  • BitShares: house-ceo
Monster contribution

Holy Toledo! If this is the kind of participation that we are going to get from our delegates, well... I'm just saying, this is going to be a huge leap forward for sharehodlers the community.

How many more of these brilliant minds are out there building prototypes in their own time and looking for a community to release them into.

I'm really impressed monsterer. You rock baby! 8)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 10:28:47 am by House »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

I think anything like this should be voted in.  It goes without saying.  The developer just needs to commit to a cap in their pay and when market cap grows, they need to burn the excess.

IMO anyone who has been doing work previously for free and it has demonstrable value should get a delegate and receive some level of pay.  We need more services out there etc.  Our adoption in crypto-sphere is so lacking.  Anything in this direction is worth paying for, especially if the person was willing to do it for free previously.  (Which shows a level of commitment..)

I've never been in agreement with those who said we should hire every dev who is working on crypto projects.  Stuff like this is completely different.

yup well said  +5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I think anything like this should be voted in.  It goes without saying.  The developer just needs to commit to a cap in their pay and when market cap grows, they need to burn the excess.

IMO anyone who has been doing work previously for free and it has demonstrable value should get a delegate and receive some level of pay.  We need more services out there etc.  Our adoption in crypto-sphere is so lacking.  Anything in this direction is worth paying for, especially if the person was willing to do it for free previously.  (Which shows a level of commitment..)

I've never been in agreement with those who said we should hire every dev who is working on crypto projects.  Stuff like this is completely different.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi

Offline monsterer

Please take a look at github.com/BitShares/BitShares-JS for our work on performing TITAN and other crypto functions in javascript.

Thanks - I've browsed that already and was hoping to contribute to it with the extra work that needs to be done to fully support this :)
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline monsterer

great project.

what time do you expect to finish it?

It will be completed in stages.  Depending on how much time I get to spend on it, these might arrive quicker or slower. Right now its a spare time project because I'm working on a full-time project for a client.

First of all it will just be a viewer for the various markets and assets, presented in a format familiar to traders.
The next version will have browser signed transactions and other technologies to allow a web-wallet and on site trading.
The next version will have bitUSD->bitcoin on/off ramps either by using an exchange or by directly purchasing bitUSD.

All of this is subject to the conditions of running a delegate for pay (and the price of BTSX), which appear to be in flux. :)

Cheers, Paul.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

Offline monsterer

If you want to do that, why not just run the BTS web wallet on a server, and allow people to login to their accounts with a username & password ? It seems like it would be a whole lot easier to modify the web wallet to support that rather than create an entirely new trading interface.

I don't really want to store private keys. It would be a faster route to market, but I don't think its a responsible course of action - much better to by un-hackable by design IMO :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
provide a way for traders to get started with bitshares without having to install the client

If you want to do that, why not just run the BTS web wallet on a server, and allow people to login to their accounts with a username & password ? It seems like it would be a whole lot easier to modify the web wallet to support that rather than create an entirely new trading interface.
Result would be that the server not only OWNS the private keys .. but also has to perform the transactions signing ..
do you trust the maintainers of the servers? sure they cannot be hacked?

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
provide a way for traders to get started with bitshares without having to install the client

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
Yes!

(This is an example of why this new system is great.  It results in Bitshares being built faster).
Yea when this is implemented this will be ground breaking. "The first block chain that can actually hire people!"