Author Topic: Exchange like bitshares website project, do you think its worth a delegate vote?  (Read 7766 times)

Offline svk

I think you will run into problems when parsing TITAN transactions ... as the private key is in the browser .. and you need to scan ALL transactions if they are intended for you ..

Either you focus on the 'mail' protocol which will be used to announce transactions for the lightweight client soon .. or you will only be able to work with non-TITAN transactions .. either way .. the project can lead to a killer-app!! +5%

Mail will be used for this?? How did you learn that?
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline svk

I've been wondering what it was you were working on, nice idea and glad to see you've made good progress :)

Javascript signing of transactions is great, there's more to having a secure web wallet though no? Blockchain.info uses an API to determine balances and so doesn't need access to private keys, but with Bitshares and TITAN that becomes impossible. Will your backend create a hosted wallet for each user and control the private keys, and users login using a separate password? And won't this require having a client running per wallet? The fact that the wallet needs to be open and unlocked in order to scan transactions kinda complicates things as well.

Or maybe I'm off base completely and you'll circumvent the problem by running one client with an external system and accounting for each user similar to an exchange?

I'm not confident about what's really necessary here, just throwing out some questions :) 

Either way despite all my questions, it's definitely a project worthy of running a delegate for and I'm sure you'll get lots of support, including mine!
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I think you will run into problems when parsing TITAN transactions ... as the private key is in the browser .. and you need to scan ALL transactions if they are intended for you ..

Either you focus on the 'mail' protocol which will be used to announce transactions for the lightweight client soon .. or you will only be able to work with non-TITAN transactions .. either way .. the project can lead to a killer-app!! +5%

Offline fuzzy

I'll put you on a delegate slate for BBx, if you interested in details please pm me.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
I will vote for you, i love this idea more and more. 101 delegates with 101 fantastic ideas that only come to the table if we all think they are great and only stay at the table if they stay great. Killer

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
It's planned to feature in-browser signing of transactions (for security purposes) enabling a web-wallet, a trading interface, bitUSD on-ramp through bitcoin deposit/withdrawal and a bunch of other stuff.
Wow .. that is a KILLER feature ... it would allow blockchain.info style web-based exchange! DO IT!!!!!

As it stands, its only really a bitsharesblocks.com style viewer, because I'm only part way through development. I'm putting this out there now because I wanted to get a feel for whether people thought this would be a project worth voting in as a delegate?
Hell yhea!!

To the ecosystem it would contribute a javascript implementation of transaction signing, provide a way for traders to get started with bitshares without having to install the client and enable them to get into and out of bitUSD via bitcoin (in a similar way to https://trade.secureae.com/ does for NXT).
And you would use a backend to interact with the network .. the javascript implementation manages the signing/accounting part! I like it
Maybe you can collaborate with this guy:
https://github.com/valzav/bitshares_hosted_wallet

So, is this something you'd vote my delegate in for (if I had one) ?
Oh yhea!

Offline monsterer

I've been working on this project in my spare time for a little while now (I'm a developer, if you didn't know already). My vision was to bring an exchange-like website to market with a bitshares back-end, to make it easier for non-techies to get started with bitshares and trading.

It's planned to feature in-browser signing of transactions (for security purposes) enabling a web-wallet, a trading interface, bitUSD on-ramp through bitcoin deposit/withdrawal and a bunch of other stuff.

As it stands, its only really a bitsharesblocks.com style viewer, because I'm only part way through development. I'm putting this out there now because I wanted to get a feel for whether people thought this would be a project worth voting in as a delegate?

To the ecosystem it would contribute a javascript implementation of transaction signing, provide a way for traders to get started with bitshares without having to install the client and enable them to get into and out of bitUSD via bitcoin (in a similar way to https://trade.secureae.com/ does for NXT).

So, is this something you'd vote my delegate in for (if I had one) ?

Cheers, Paul.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads