Author Topic: Please don't rebrand BTSX to just BitShares  (Read 7674 times)

Offline oco101

• View Profile
In a demonstration of solidarity MeTHoDx will rename himself MeTHod on November 5th.

:P

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Lool too funny !!!

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
In a demonstration of solidarity MeTHoDx will rename himself MeTHod on November 5th.

Haha! Yeah I bet most people think the "x" in my username comes from the x in BitShares X. I've actually been using this name since i was 13 years old. I'm in my late 20s now! It means "method unknown".

Offline Riverhead

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Integrity, honesty, trust etc. are also going to resonate powerfully.

The current perception big bank/big biz is unapologetically fraudulent with no recourse nor alternative for the average Joe.

When the house of cards come tumbling down a "Robotically honest company" with a profitable balance sheet governed by open-source, transparent code will be a paradigm-shift in the business and investment world.

I hope this angle is on the front lines of the marketing campaign.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
I agree...

BitShares is a virtual company that produces the best virtual currency backed by an amazing open source community.

A virtual company built on a blockchain is a really good way to describe what BitShares is. I'm liking "virtual company".

Unmanned company is perfectly reasonable in this context and it grabs a person's attention in a way that begs the question, "What is an unmanned company and why would you want one?"

Then we can talk about robotically honest integrity, no counter party risk, incorruptibility, transparency, sovereignty, cheap labor, etc.

Full credit goes to Stan for the "unmanned company" tagline. Heard you use it in a mumble session and immediately loved it. It sums up was a DAC is without using an acronym. I also like "virtual company" as well. Both are good!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Then we can talk about robotically honest integrity, no counter party risk, incorruptibility, transparency, sovereignty, cheap labor, etc.
I like that!

BitShares is a virtual company that produces the best virtual currency backed by an amazing open source community.
... and math :-P

Offline bytemaster

Calling it an unmanned company may be a stretch...

I think we need to carefully consider how to describe the relationship between people, management, and business model.

I think it's far more important to come up with a compelling vision that people will pay attention to. BitShares has amazing vision and an absolutely killer concept. There is no reason we shouldn't be aggressively pushing this on the world. It's time people start paying attention.

I agree...

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

I think we need to carefully consider how to describe the relationship between people, management, and business model.

It's "a manned community supporting an unmanned company that provides innovative currencies".

Unmanned company is perfectly reasonable in this context and it grabs a person's attention in a way that begs the question, "What is an unmanned company and why would you want one?"

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code

I think it's far more important to come up with a compelling vision that people will pay attention to. BitShares has amazing vision and an absolutely killer concept. There is no reason we shouldn't be aggressively pushing this on the world. It's time people start paying attention.

Offline bytemaster

Also: "The Greatest Financial Experiment Since Bitcoin".

+1

BitShares does for Business what Bitcoin did for money.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
BitShares - the worlds first decentralized autonomous cooperative governed entirely by the stakeholders to facilitate an efficient and profitable businesses.

"The World's First Unmanned Company" is much more compelling.

I agree "The World's First Unmanned Company" sounds compelling and would make me want to find out more about what exactly it is. It sounds intriguing. But is it strictly true? Are there not men and at least some women involved in this endeavor. I think it's inaccurate to describe a DAC as unmanned. Maybe I'm not looking at it from the right angle.

I think it's fair to describe it as an unmanned company. You could also describe it as a "Word's First Company On A Blockchain"... I think that's our most compelling angle. Also: "The Greatest Financial Experiment Since Bitcoin".

Offline bytemaster

Offline pseudoscops

BitShares - the worlds first decentralized autonomous cooperative governed entirely by the stakeholders to facilitate an efficient and profitable businesses.

I agree "The World's First Unmanned Company" sounds compelling and would make me want to find out more about what exactly it is. It sounds intriguing. But is it strictly true? Are there not men and at least some women involved in this endeavor. I think it's inaccurate to describe a DAC as unmanned. Maybe I'm not looking at it from the right angle.

Offline oldman

• View Profile

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

MethodX should be doing our PR.

We need to someone to rally the world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.