Author Topic: Delegates are honorary positions, not for financial interest!  (Read 11538 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Hard fork or dilution should be the taboo!
A taboo on hard forks results in a non-developing blockchain! .. your stuck in version 1.0!
and I have a feeling still don't understand what the dilution is good for ..

Offline Felix

• View Profile
You can vote for delegates that wont inflate for their salary.  If the market determines that the cost is not worth it, they will vote low cost delegates

why is there only the inflation in your head?  Hard fork or dilution should be the taboo!

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
You can vote for delegates that wont inflate for their salary.  If the market determines that the cost is not worth it, they will vote low cost delegates
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline Felix

• View Profile
OP: Wrong. Delegate positions are for talented individuals who can be trusted to increase the market cap more than they consume. If that is the case, then there is no problem. The only problem is with people's perceptions.

How decide the increased market cap quantitatively more than they consume?  Your idea is Ok but obviously lack of good operability!I think these rules are not clear!

Offline Felix

• View Profile
BM,I warn you that your feckless decisions have already impaired a lot of stakeholders greatly and the market vigorously gives the result!  Why does people love BTC? Radically because the amount can not be manipulated by such financial organizations as U.S. Federal Reserve and our fortune cannot be diluted.  So in my view, any idea like hard fork or dilution is extremely stupid!
Code: [Select]
[x] compare BitShares with Bitcoin
[ ] get the difference of both

The essence is similar! For BitShares, the share capital is diluted and the price of shares falls.

For the sake of completeness, you may compare bitUSD with BTC .. which has no dilution!

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
OP: Wrong. Delegate positions are for talented individuals who can be trusted to increase the market cap more than they consume. If that is the case, then there is no problem. The only problem is with people's perceptions.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 03:08:11 pm by trader »

Offline stevejobsghost

• View Profile
BitGold which has no dilution. The FED can print USD

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
BM,I warn you that your feckless decisions have already impaired a lot of stakeholders greatly and the market vigorously gives the result!  Why does people love BTC? Radically because the amount can not be manipulated by such financial organizations as U.S. Federal Reserve and our fortune cannot be diluted.  So in my view, any idea like hard fork or dilution is extremely stupid!
Code: [Select]
[x] compare BitShares with Bitcoin
[ ] get the difference of both

For the sake of completeness, you may compare bitUSD with BTC .. which has no dilution!

Offline Felix

• View Profile