Author Topic: 24 Oktober hangout with Bytemaster Raw unedited recordings  (Read 6497 times)

Offline fuzzy

the very best bit was the one at the very end! For anyone that likes that kind of thinking, this is similar, just applied to another area of life (intimate instead of business relationships) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LuPCAh9FCc

I love this guy!
I jsut took the 3h and watched that lesson .. I am speechless .. lots of thinks things to learn ..

This guy is great!  Never heard him before.  Wow. 
And by extension, y'all are great for posting and promoting this here.  Thanks!
The way the human mind organizes interpersonal relations is directly related to the greater social structures!

Oh delulo...how "Vygotskyan" of you.  :P

Can't really argue though...his are among the sexiest of social psychology's theories imho.   
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
the very best bit was the one at the very end! For anyone that likes that kind of thinking, this is similar, just applied to another area of life (intimate instead of business relationships) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LuPCAh9FCc

I love this guy!
I jsut took the 3h and watched that lesson .. I am speechless .. lots of thinks things to learn ..

The way the human mind organizes interpersonal relations is directly related to the greater social structures!

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy

I love this guy!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

I love this guy!

Offline JoeyD

Thank you for recording the meeting.

Whoever is organizing these sessions please do something about the constants chiming noises throughout every mumble session! It is very annoying and distracting!

Those are client side. You turn them off in your settings. I agree, they are horrendous. Whoever thought of them clearly didn't expect a lot of text chatter.

Yeah, maybe we should post an instruction list somewhere with some mumble settings / rules of conduct or something. Everybody should use push to talk (with a key not used for typing in chat, took me a long time to isolate who that was in this session), disable all sound notifications in mumble and do a mic check beforehand. Headphones are preferred as well.

Maybe we could contact some of the mumble developers with a list of feature requests(like default removal of horrendous chimes) and possibly extend it's features beyond just real-time gaming-speech. Hell might be even worth doing little fundraisers for it. I have to say that I'm surprised about the sound quality versus bandwidth and lag, considering how spread out across the globe these sessions are. I feel it has a lot less lag than using skype between countries within the EU. Even people with less impressive bandwidth or using Tor seem to be able to use this quite comfortably.

I don't think it needs all that much to be useable as a presentation tool as well.

Offline Riverhead

Whoever is organizing these sessions please do something about the constants chiming noises throughout every mumble session! It is very annoying and distracting!

Those are client side. You turn them off in your settings. I agree, they are horrendous. Whoever thought of them clearly didn't expect a lot of text chatter.

Offline cgafeng

The BTS Roadmap

After the merger a BTS marketing push slated for this December with a rebranded client, everything merged in with their vesting stake a working voting application or voting booth. IN early 2015 "KeyGraph" will be an important focus (aimed at vote validation / certification). After that the long term plan is to create a scripting app to compete with Etherium. The goal is to be able to create any other DACs without the need for continual hard forks. After that the focus will become specific appliations such as auctions and others TBA.

BTS DAC Structure

A number of questions related to the company structure and accountability to shareholders were raised, and bytemaster responded by saying the future direction would be to migrate developers into elected delegate positions and have their work rewarded by that model as opposed to being paid through I3. He emphasized that AGS funds would be invested into the growth of the BTS "superDAC" and it's staff.
When asked about revealing individual staff member pay bytemaster said they have avoided doing that to protect privacy, but salaries as a group will continue to be reported for I3.  Bytemaster said that tying delegate pay to bitUSD would be very complicated.

+5% +5%
BTC:1EYwcZ9cYVj6C9LMLafdcjK9wicVMDV376

Offline fuzzy

Mumble Session Highlights

I tried to post this a few hours ago but the forum was offline.

On 10/18/2014 bytemaster started this thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10148.msg132495#msg132495 relating his initial proposal for a merger. Two days later Ander started this thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10214.msg133796#msg133796 to summarize the merger discussion as of 10/22/2014.

At the end of the mumble session today I offered to document what I perceive is the majority consensus on some of the issues, but it is by no means a comprehensive summary of all of the points discussed in the session. Gamey always does an excellent job of that. My primary objective is to help document what appears to be points of consensus concerning the proposed merger. Upon reflection and a second listen of the entire session, I don't believe I have much of a consensus to document. Nevertheless, perhaps this post may help clarify some points for someone.

Translation of Existing Stakes Into BTS Shares

From what I have seen in the forums this week, the issues around what position each stakeholder of [AGS | BTSX | DNS | PTS | VOTE | MUSIC | etc.] will have in the new BTS ecosystem constitutes the majority of the contention and concern. No surprise there.

I was quite surprised however that no discussion of this took place in the mumble session. My personal take, given the large number of forum posts discussing this is:

• Either the majority of the community is satisfied and thus has reached a consensus
  • None of those dissatisfied were present in the mumble session
  • Those who were dissatisfied and present chose not to raise their concerns

As I think through the issues I read on the forum, I realize there are several aspects of the merger besides how a given stake will transform into BTS shares, such as how PTS will vest in BTS over time, will those vehicles continue to exist after the merger and how will they be represented on the exchanges, what market caps will be used to calculate investment values and issues about liquidity.

Since none of this was discussed at all in the mumble session, I tried to go back through the forum posts to come up with a concise position transformation formula, but I cannot, there is too many discussions and too many elements to factor in, at least for me.

Although much discussion was posted about the relative portions of AGS, BTSX, DNS & PTS etc to BTS It's not exactly clear to me when I see a statement like "7% AGS, 7% PTS, 3% VOTE, 3% DNS and 80% BTSX" what that even means. Percentage of what? If I have 1000 shares of PTS does that mean I get 70 shares of BTS? Is it a percentage of each funds market cap or of BTSX's market cap? It's very difficult to understand these discussions when so many elements are assumed or scattered on different threads.

Bytemaster was asked if DNS would be the same after the merger or if it would be a bitAsset. He said BTS would allow auctioning the domain names for bitUSD, but did not know the auction specifics.

Bytemaster also stated that PTS and AGS would not end but will continue on; they are not bought out or retired, contrary to his original proposal. Though PTS and AGS will continue to exist, he will no longer have any interest in them to divide his time and loyalties. But when asked if AGS would only be used for BTS "because they were bought out", he said yes. He also said that it's up to the shareholders of Music or Vote or other DAC team to decide whether to be a part of BTS or operate on their own separate blockchain, it wasn't his decision to make.

A summary of the current proposal should be stated for each of the entities in this ecosystem without ambiguity. Issues such as the vesting schedule and market cap should also be stated. But you'll have to wait for someone more capable than I at summarizing the forum discussions. When I asked Bytemaster  when a more formal merger description would be forthcoming he tentatively said next week.

Chinese Community

There was considerable time given to address issues from the Chinese community, as well as discussion about marketing efforts to them. Concerns were raised that individual efforts from the Chinese community were not being recognized or compensated. Bytemaster said he trusts in Bo Chen but would like to see more transparency and disclosure of how the funds he has provided are being spent.

It was stated early on in the session that we should all be aware of the language barrier and difficulty the Chinese community has in participating in the session, and to make an effort to speak more slowly. There were several people present helping with the translation in real time.

Some questions were posed by the Chinese community about the metrics for evaluating performance. Bytemaster responded by discussing what Brian Page was working on and the difficult position he is in. He related how pleased he is about the new, unified BTS and how Brian had been asking for it for quite awhile now. He said Brian's pay and that of the entire marketing staff are dependent on market cap growth, as it doubles.

They would get 10 - 20 million BTS shares if they are able to bring BTS' market cap up to match bitcoin's.
Bytemaster was asked about the model of how new developers would be added. He responded by saying anyone wishing to become a BTS developer should demonstrate their value, how they will work with the team by fixing bugs or implementing new features.  He feels it would be bad to hire someone with unproven skills.

The BTS Roadmap

After the merger a BTS marketing push slated for this December with a rebranded client, everything merged in with their vesting stake a working voting application or voting booth. IN early 2015 "KeyGraph" will be an important focus (aimed at vote validation / certification). After that the long term plan is to create a scripting app to compete with Etherium. The goal is to be able to create any other DACs without the need for continual hard forks. After that the focus will become specific appliations such as auctions and others TBA.

BTS DAC Structure

A number of questions related to the company structure and accountability to shareholders were raised, and bytemaster responded by saying the future direction would be to migrate developers into elected delegate positions and have their work rewarded by that model as opposed to being paid through I3. He emphasized that AGS funds would be invested into the growth of the BTS "superDAC" and it's staff.
When asked about revealing individual staff member pay bytemaster said they have avoided doing that to protect privacy, but salaries as a group will continue to be reported for I3.  Bytemaster said that tying delegate pay to bitUSD would be very complicated.

Give credit where it is due.  This is the type of stuff I have been waiting to see...because people like Thom are really starting to use the server as an open source means of reporting to the community.  These are the types of actions that produce the "network effect" we are looking to produce.

We are all able to bring so much value to this ecosystem.  Thom gave his opinions and as such I am going to link his original thread as well.   +5%

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10526.0
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 07:51:42 am by fuzzy »

Offline fuzzy

I love this guy!
Definitely! I just heard about it two month ago and it is a very freeing perspective on anything inter human. At some point he says "if everyone would realize this mindset* a revolution would start tomorrow because authorities rely on reward and punishment to sustain their authority" (paraphrased, and maybe not in the recording/link above). The nice thing is the message is very practical.
*where people enjoy giving with no punishment associated if nothing is returned and where people see it as a gift to others to say what their needs are so so others can enjoy to give to them.
That sounds super softy but their is nothing stronger (and at times more difficult) than that ;)

Thank you for this link Delulo.  It is always nice to have reminders...

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile

« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 01:52:15 am by bitcoinerS »
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline JoeyD

displays fine. thanks

Ok, great, also thanks for stepping up and helping with translations, would also like to thank the others who helped translating in Chinese, but I don't know if they'll see this.

Thanks JoeyD.  :)
No need to thank me, just trying to help out where I can. I kinda feel sorry for Gamey/Fuz who now have to clean up close to 4 hours of audio for the two sessions today.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 11:22:54 pm by JoeyD »

Offline bobmaloney

"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Ahh I saw this vid somewhere else and started watching it but never finished it, giving it another go now!

It was refreshing to hear BM talk of giving.  My mind has being consumed by money the last few days, but now that I'm (almost) all in on bitshares I can take a step back and breath the free air, my decisions are made. 

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

I love this guy!
Definitely! I just heard about it two month ago and it is a very freeing perspective on anything inter human. At some point he says "if everyone would realize this mindset* a revolution would start tomorrow because authorities rely on reward and punishment to sustain their authority" (paraphrased, and maybe not in the recording/link above). The nice thing is the message is very practical.
*where people enjoy giving with no punishment associated if nothing is returned and where people see it as a gift to others to say what their needs are so so others can enjoy to give to them.
That sounds super softy but their is nothing stronger (and at times more difficult) than that ;)

Xeldal

+5% +5%