Author Topic: October Newsletter - Halloween Edition  (Read 30381 times)

Offline klosure

• View Profile
[Updated Cautionary Notes]

Be sure to have your PTS & DNS out of the exchanges
and back in your wallets on Nov 5th.

BTER and BTC38 will honor DNS
but will have to stay in business two years to issue them as they vest.
How about PTS deposited at exchanges?
Why ensure that exchanges honor DNS but not PTS?

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 04:52:15 am by hpenvy »
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
=============

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
Hey hpenvy can you approve me on nullstreet?

I got this message after signing up under "islandking":
Before you can start using your newly-created account, an administrator must approve your account. We'll send you an email when you've been approved!
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline theoreticalbts

It's everyone on Nullstreet, I'm just lucky enough to help pass along the message.  We're about 90% done, you can take a look at our work here:

Rough Newsletter PT 1 - Dec 18 Submit

Rough Newsletter PT 2 - Dec 18 Submit

Rough Newsletter PT 3 - Dec 18 Submit

It's hidden behind some subscription wall and apparently registering new users requires a manual step.  Can some admin approve me?
the delegate formerly known as drltc

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
The newsletter is coming together on Nullstreet. The goal is to put it in your hands Thursday night to start modifying as you see fit.

Outstanding.  I appreciate your proactive attitude!   :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
The newsletter is coming together on Nullstreet. The goal is to put it in your hands Thursday night to start modifying as you see fit.
=============

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Well, OK.  Let's go ahead and give this a try!

Why don't you guys put together a Cass-ready summary of Everything of Earth-Shattering Significance (EESS) that has happened since the last newsletter (everything that people who aren't following the forum should know.) 

That would include an update on BTS, PLAY, PTS, SPARKLE and PEERTRACKs and any other ecosystem-wide news that's fit to print - especially what's happening on NullStreet. This goes out to more that 700 people who have signed up on the mailing list and the target audience for your section is people interested enough to sign up but who don't follow the forum closely - so any must-read forum postings should be mentioned with a link.  If anyone wants to add in a custom article or two, that's good too.

I'll leave it to your team's judgment about how to turn the Newsletter into a Weapon of Mass Distinction (WMD).

I'll still provide a Featured Article and we'll ask Cass to merge them into a Thing of Profound Beauty.

How does that sound?

Agreed. Posting now.
=============

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Well, OK.  Let's go ahead and give this a try!

Why don't you guys put together a Cass-ready summary of Everything of Earth-Shattering Significance (EESS) that has happened since the last newsletter (everything that people who aren't following the forum should know.) 

That would include an update on BTS, PLAY, PTS, SPARKLE and PEERTRACKs and any other ecosystem-wide news that's fit to print - especially what's happening on NullStreet. This goes out to more that 700 people who have signed up on the mailing list and the target audience for your section is people interested enough to sign up but who don't follow the forum closely - so any must-read forum postings should be mentioned with a link.  If anyone wants to add in a custom article or two, that's good too.

I'll leave it to your team's judgment about how to turn the Newsletter into a Weapon of Mass Distinction (WMD).

I'll still provide a Featured Article and we'll ask Cass to merge them into a Thing of Profound Beauty.

How does that sound?
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Do we have an ETA for the next newsletter that gets blasted to our subscribers?

Long, long before this...

Working on it now.

Do you need additional help on future issues so we're able to make it closer to a monthly release?

That would be very desirable.

Head on over to NullStreet, tell us specifically what you need and we'll make it happen.  We produce a weekly marketing letter already.  It might not have the same flair but it does outline all the major efforts.
=============

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

Working on it now.

Do you need additional help on future issues so we're able to make it closer to a monthly release?

That would be very desirable.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

Working on it now.

=============

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

Working on it now.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
=============

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
I look forward to the next edition!
=============