Author Topic: AGS Funds = Stage 1 Booster Rockets  (Read 5383 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I remember reading that I3 said they want to make the AGS Funds last. I don't think this is smart.

A DAC that can fund its own development is no doubt game changing. But, in terms of bootstrapping young DACs, it's sort of like trying to move your car from standstill while in 5th gear. If it even moves moving at all, it will accelerate very slowly, be highly inefficient, and if you're not careful could totally f*** up your engine.

What I mean is, $2500 a month per delegate at max inflation is going to take a long time to build up momentum. That's fine, except we have booster rockets, called AGS Funds.

I think that once all system checks say 'GO', we should fire up those engines and spend the AGS funds rapidly. We shouldn't try to stretch them out, because we already have a system for sustained funding (dilution). If everything goes to plan, the AGS Funds will bring us above escape velocity and we won't have to dilute BTS holders unreasonably. Delegates could be earning $10k per month with 3-5% dilution, and meanwhile we'd have all eyes on us, bringing in new money and talent.

Your analogy warms this old rocket scientist's heart!  :)
That's exactly what we now plan to do.
(Before we didn't have any main engines in place.)
The boosters will increase our dynamic pressure to the point where the ram-jet delegate pay engines can take over at full thrust.
After that we can "press to MECO", except with this propulsion system we never reach Main Engine Cut Off.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 04:14:14 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
I remember reading that I3 said they want to make the AGS Funds last. I don't think this is smart.

A DAC that can fund its own development is no doubt game changing. But, in terms of bootstrapping young DACs, it's sort of like trying to move your car from standstill while in 5th gear. If it even moves moving at all, it will accelerate very slowly, be highly inefficient, and if you're not careful could totally f*** up your engine.

What I mean is, $2500 a month per delegate at max inflation is going to take a long time to build up momentum. That's fine, except we have booster rockets, called AGS Funds.

I think that once all system checks say 'GO', we should fire up those engines and spend the AGS funds rapidly. We shouldn't try to stretch them out, because we already have a system for sustained funding (dilution). If everything goes to plan, the AGS Funds will bring us above escape velocity and we won't have to dilute BTS holders unreasonably. Delegates could be earning $10k per month with 3-5% dilution, and meanwhile we'd have all eyes on us, bringing in new money and talent.