UPDATE: Proposed Financials (Draft): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q3AQj5qDZiivmk8b1Rj6nQ5upsXikWguSu8IefOexxY/edit?usp=sharing
One of the best features of this community is the diversity of talents people are bringing to the table. Finance gurus, true hacker level programmers, marketing experts, social media wizards, and a strong contingent of IT professionals. What this means to me is that there is enough breadth of skill sets that we can each play to our strengths. I've been in the IT businesses in various capacities (support, programmer, consultant, etc.) for about 25 years and I currently manage a corporate data warehouse for a publicly traded healthcare data analytics company. As enjoyable as this job is, I'd like to leave it one day to be one of the first persons directly employed by a blockchain. Truly, I cannot think of anything more worthy of my abilities than this.
I describe an IT Delegate's duties as:
- Spend the majority of pay on ensuring the BTS backbone: Servers in multiple geopolitical regions. Node/chain servers that support the network and can also serve as standby delegates in the event of an attack.
- Have a robust failover strategy for all nodes with a focus on the node that signs blocks.
- Stay abreast of developments. This means being an active participant in DevShares. Nothing should catch an IT Delegate by surprise.
- Create educational materials for other delegates and would-be delegates. Host technical how-to sessions for people that wish to learn the ins and outs of running a delegate from an IT perspective.
- Support delegates that do not come from a technical background. This can include basic forum Q&A to one-on-one shared sessions.
- Develop tools to help stabilize the delegate infrastructure: automated fail over servers, compile scripts that monitor github for new releases, etc.
- Ensure price feeds are running and relevant for all active markets.
- Help fund projects proposed by non delegates that further the security and utility of the infrastructure.
I will set initial pay rate at 10% and will put together a budget shortly.TL;DR
Who am I really? http://www.linkedin.com/pub/james-reidy/0/681/755
- Setup multiple standby delegates to ensure the security of the DPoS network in the event of an attack.
- Help non-technical delegates get set up.
- Create educational material for other delegates.