Author Topic: To PTS holders: trade for BTS right now at a discount  (Read 2897 times)

Offline kingslanding

• View Profile
I haven't heard of any other airdrop outside of PLAY.  Post here if you do.

I was thinking of dumping my PTS after the today's snapshot, but the fact that it take hours to get confirmed, it may not be worth it.  The price will likely be down so much by then.  I expect a small dump on BTSX as well.

Why are you expecting a BTSX dump? I was expecting that BTSX would become BTS seamlessly so there would be no reason to dump.

The only other thing I know of that could factor into PTS's value is alphaBar's DPOS-PTS that he's been talking about.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I expect a lot of people will dump PTS after the snapshot & use the proceeds to buy BTS(X).  This will cause BTSX to go up, but then after the buying is done, it will trickle down.  This is pure speculation on my part.

I'm going to keep my PTS & take a chance for any future PTS snapshots or possible DPOS-PTS as you mentioned.
BTS username/address:   kingslanding9999

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

I was thinking of dumping my PTS after the today's snapshot, but the fact that it take hours to get confirmed, it may not be worth it.  The price will likely be down so much by then.  I expect a small dump on BTSX as well.

Why are you expecting a BTSX dump? I was expecting that BTSX would become BTS seamlessly so there would be no reason to dump.

The only other thing I know of that could factor into PTS's value is alphaBar's DPOS-PTS that he's been talking about.

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline kingslanding

• View Profile

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Which means there is intrinsic value in PTS itself, outside the merger. And wasn't there another airdrop besides PLAY, that PTS is expecting as well?

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
If I remember correctly PLAY will use the PTS snapshot.

Yeah, that's what I'm getting from HackFisher's post.

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
If I remember correctly PLAY will use the PTS snapshot.

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
Looks like PLAY is going to snapshot w/ PTS on Nov 5.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10868.0

Thanks for the cross post! I never would have known this otherwise. I'm not real excited that they gave such short notice on that, but whatever. Now I have to figure out whether I want to get PLAY from my PTS...

Offline kingslanding

• View Profile

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
after hesitating for farrrrrrrrr too long I finally pulled the trigger and got 1.14 conversion. I like having 15 more btsx/pts now than waiting 2 years for them to mature. I'm feeling more secure in my decisions to go all in on btsx as I think any major DAC after Nov 5th is more likely to utilize the BTS snapshot than the PTS snapshot like PLAY will be doing. plus I still have my DNS and VOTE that will vest and give me a nice little nest egg to sit on for the long term.

Thanks biophil, this helped give me enough of a push to finally do what needed to be done.

Awesome, glad to see someone benefitted from this!

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I think the reason PTS is worth more is that it will stay around and people expect some value of of 3rd party DACs from it in the future.  Someone proposed a plan to make a DPoS currency and sharedrop it to PTS, and since hten the value of PTS has been a bit above the value of the BTS you get from it.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline JWF

• Bought BTS seeds cheap, now I'm watching them grow
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • BitShares: jwf
after hesitating for farrrrrrrrr too long I finally pulled the trigger and got 1.14 conversion. I like having 15 more btsx/pts now than waiting 2 years for them to mature. I'm feeling more secure in my decisions to go all in on btsx as I think any major DAC after Nov 5th is more likely to utilize the BTS snapshot than the PTS snapshot like PLAY will be doing. plus I still have my DNS and VOTE that will vest and give me a nice little nest egg to sit on for the long term.

Thanks biophil, this helped give me enough of a push to finally do what needed to be done.

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
Right now, PTS is trading on Bter at 0.00514, while BTSX is at 0.0000447. One PTS entitles you to about 100 to 105 BTS after Nov 5, but these BTS will not be immediately liquid. What this means: If you sell your PTS now and buy BTSX, you'll get about 15% more BTS after the snapshot than you would if you held PTS; in addition, these BTS will be immediately liquid so you won't have to wait through the 2 year vesting period.

I've already converted all my PTS to BTSX, but I thought I'd point this out to people who haven't yet - I want to sell PTS for BTSX right now so bad that I hope someone gets to do it. :)