Author Topic: Proposal: To Relaunch KeyID as new (third-party) BitShares DNS DAC  (Read 12646 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Well looks like the response is overwhelmingly negative!

Exchanges want to kill it too.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline graffenwalder

This is not the official DNS team at all! this is completely unrelated to the bitshares team! If people are getting nervous from this thread having been posted, it should be deleted. Chinese people might understand only parts of it and think that DNS is getting restarted and the plans have changed again。
This might be a third party DAC, but they are proposing using the current DNS as proto shares.
So this will have implications for DNS and BTSX. So effectively it's no different from DNS restarting.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
This is not the official DNS team at all! this is completely unrelated to the bitshares team! If people are getting nervous from this thread having been posted, it should be deleted. Chinese people might understand only parts of it and think that DNS is getting restarted and the plans have changed again。

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
We foresee BitShares DNS DAC accepting some BitAssets from the main BitShares DAC, such as BitUSD as payment for offered services, adding liquidity to the main BitShares DAC.

This is apparently not possible, and was one of the biggest reasons for the merger.

+5% this is getting silly now.
I prefer the word ridiculous, but +5%

1. If the DNS DAC is withdrawing from the merger, they should not be share dropped in the BTS merger.
2. Stop changing things on a whim.
3. This is another thing I HATE about the merger.. it is an incredibly bad practice to release a cryptocurrency, snapshot it, then move to a new chain and deem the old tokens as being extinct. There are many dynamics of why this is bad and I don't care to spend hours explaining it as I feel like it should be common sense.
4. As mentioned previously, there is nothing stopping other DACs from implementing your features. This is another reason for the merger. Other DACs were going to copy BTSX's bitasset feature, there is nothing stopping BTS from doing the same.
5. I thought Toast was doing the DNS DAC, what is Bitcoiners/Toast's relation to the project? This just adds another layer of confusion..
6. Bitshares is starting to look more like a circus than a company. I am not here for entertainment. I am not surprised people are selling BTSX, I am very close to doing so myself. Please don't push me over that line that I am hovering around.

Dang CoinHoarder, laying down the law. But I agree completely. This is a terrible idea right now, when BTS is already awash in mass panic dumping and confusion. All this does is hurt the brand as a whole.

I almost wish there were some way to destroy the old tokens that are getting airdropped BTS...they're getting airdropped for a reason, and competing with the old tokens is not in anyone's best interest.

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
We foresee BitShares DNS DAC accepting some BitAssets from the main BitShares DAC, such as BitUSD as payment for offered services, adding liquidity to the main BitShares DAC.

This is apparently not possible, and was one of the biggest reasons for the merger.

I prefer the word ridiculous, but +5%

1. If the DNS DAC is withdrawing from the merger, they should not be share dropped in the BTS merger.
2. Stop changing things on a whim.
3. This is another thing I HATE about the merger.. it is an incredibly bad practice to release a cryptocurrency, snapshot it, then move to a new chain and deem the old tokens as being extinct. There are many dynamics of why this is bad and I don't care to spend hours explaining it as I feel like it should be common sense.
4. As mentioned previously, there is nothing stopping other DACs from implementing your features. This is another reason for the merger. Other DACs were going to copy BTSX's bitasset feature, there is nothing stopping BTS from doing the same.
5. I thought Toast was doing the DNS DAC, what is Bitcoiners/Toast's relation to the project? This just adds another layer of confusion..
6. Bitshares is starting to look more like a circus than a company. I am not here for entertainment. I am not surprised people are selling BTSX, I am very close to doing so myself. Please don't push me over that line that I am hovering around.
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline neo1344

• View Profile

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Well the idea has merits, but it may not be the right time to do it.
Call it KeyID or call it DNS as a third party DAC but please don't associated with the original Bitshares DNS. Right now Is is already confusing as is it and will hurt your DAC and it will hurt Bitshare too.

Actually third parties DAC forked from Bithsare toolkit is what we want   because this was the original vision of I3,  so KeyID and PTS DPOS are welcomed, but probably this is the worst moment because it will only add more to the panic and confusion.
Please keep working on this and when the time comes we all be all ready to welcome you  KeyID.  So keep on doing the good job bitcoinerS, you got toast support this is great.

+5% The merger is necessary to alleviate confusion, and random changes like this only further confuse...

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Well the idea has merits, but it may not be the right time to do it.
Call it KeyID or call it DNS as a third party DAC but please don't associated with the original Bitshares DNS. Right now Is is already confusing as is it and will hurt your DAC and it will hurt Bitshare too.

Actually third parties DAC forked from Bithsare toolkit is what we want   because this was the original vision of I3,  so KeyID and PTS DPOS are welcomed, but probably this is the worst moment because it will only add more to the panic and confusion.
Please keep working on this and when the time comes we all be all ready to welcome you  KeyID.  So keep on doing the good job bitcoinerS, you got toast support this is great.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Just to be clear I am pretty confident nobody will actually revive it. BTC38 wants to de-list it.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5% Good luck guys  :)

So PTS & AGS are kind of carrying on separately, DNS is carrying on separately. Vote was never really started... 30 day rewind anyone?

Edit: I really like one simple focused BitShares, but yeah big month
+5%

Offline gamey

• View Profile

So PTS & AGS are kind of carrying on separately, DNS is carrying on separately. Vote was never really started... 30 day rewind anyone?

Lots of people had interest in a DNS DAC.  Honestly, I don't think DNS should ever be a feature of superDAC anyway.  We'd be losing focusing and bringing attention of authorities.  It is about finding a developer willing and capable of doing the work.

edit - Also, these are third parties.  No longer I3 DACs.  Can't really expect everyone to sit around and do nothing while BTS grows.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 05:10:40 pm by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline graffenwalder

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

Edit: I really like one simple focused BitShares, but yeah big month
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 05:06:28 pm by Empirical1.1 »

Offline Rune

• View Profile
The harsh reality is, if you're open source (which is a requirement to most), then BTS shareholders will vote to copy every single feature you implement that works at creating value for your DAC in some way.

People always say this, but I suspect it's far less true than you'd expect. The reality is that people get emotionally attached to their pet ideas and this makes them very resistant to copying effective approaches from different communities. Take Nxt's stance on bitAssets, which can mostly be summarized by "scam ponzi scam the Larimers hate babies!" Nxt's entrenched ideas about how crypto should work kept them from recognizing the power of the bitAsset, so they're missing their chance to implement something similar.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

There's a very big difference between "people" and "capital holders". In a blockchain ecosystem where consensus is primarily determined through forums "witch hunt style" (ie the developers can do whatever they want but if they do something that goes viral and pisses netizens off there is hell to pay), then people most definitely attach to memes and cultural ideals, because that's how you express yourself through forums most effectively. So we get this culture where bitcoiners freak out at anything they consider "centralized" or "premined" etc.

When we start to see a system where it is capital holders only that makes decisions (through stake voting), then we will rapidly move towards a decision culture where the only thing that will be taken into consideration is profit. Initially there might be some ideology involved, but capital will always move from those who allocate it based on ideology, to those who allocate it based on expected profit. The large capital holders of bitshares will be very experienced at analyzing what will be profitable for them, and once the meme culture that used to dominate most internet communities is fully replaced, profit will be the only thing that matters in all our business/DAC related communication.

I think most people will come to the logical conclusion that maximizing ethical behaviour of the DAC is the most profitable strategy in the very long term. But copying features from other open source projects is by the definition of open source not unethical, and I don't think our shareholders will hold their breath for even a second before voting to do it.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Really? This is just what we need right now. DNS getting a pump, and BTSX losing some more value.

I still support the Bitshares community, but Al these sudden announcements/proposals could be interpreted as some cheeky money scams.

Buy up DNS at all time low, then announce/propose to continue.

Yeah its almost as if new proposals are made deliberately to spread confusion.