Author Topic: The Case for Delegates as Multi-Person Cooperatives  (Read 10623 times)

Offline fuzzy

Glad to see this resolved. 

Hat tip to Fuzzy for maintaining your integrity.  To publicly voice your concerns about this particular ambiguous situation speaks volumes about your character.  It further reinforces the perception of you I've pieced together over this past year.  Thank you for continuing to be transparent.

To go full circle back to the OP title, I'm with merockstar on this topic.  I think groups will naturally form in order to address the numerous functions of the job description of a delegate.  It's neither bad nor good, it just is.

Rune - I like you. I can tell by your posts you understand damn well the potential.  Glad to have you part of the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+5%

lol

Day's of our lives for crypto.

Glad this was brought out

It is always days of our lives unfortunately.  When people's hard earned money is on the line and I am volunteering to help keep people's faith in a project with one of the few legitimate devs teams out there, I feel it is my obligation to inform.  I have far less in this game than most here, I would argue, so it should be obvious my passion for something that actually changes the world for the better is what drives me.  If I cannot help change the world for the better...I will be leaving very shortly figuring it out.   :/

Just to let you all know, however, I consider this a closed matter and will no longer be posting to this thread. 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 08:43:37 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Glad to see this resolved. 

Hat tip to Fuzzy for maintaining your integrity.  To publicly voice your concerns about this particular ambiguous situation speaks volumes about your character.  It further reinforces the perception of you I've pieced together over this past year.  Thank you for continuing to be transparent.

To go full circle back to the OP title, I'm with merockstar on this topic.  I think groups will naturally form in order to address the numerous functions of the job description of a delegate.  It's neither bad nor good, it just is.

Rune - I like you. I can tell by your posts you understand damn well the potential.  Glad to have you part of the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
lol

Day's of our lives for crypto.

Glad this was brought out

zerosum

You have to judge and accuse to protect people.  It is a sad fact.  trust everyone is the naive sucker's creed. 

Interesting! I read the posts 3 times. Made triple sure it did not say my name as an author. Slept over it, checked again...still showed the same author, distinctly different personality in my experience. 

Can I have your permission to use it in my signature, please?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Rune - I think if you removed some of your rhetoric and bluster from the forum, and stuck to concise, practical posts about the topics at hand, it would go a long way to improving your reputation with some of the members.

Just my two BTS.

Right. I guess I'm just not able to communicate normally.

@fuzzy regarding the employment thing, I now realize it could be seen wrong and offensive, and for that I am sorry. It literally didn't occur to me before. I come from a privileged position where I have always been lucky and have never had to be careful about throwing myself at whatever I wanted. I failed to understand not everyone sees it this way, and I'm sorry for not taking that into consideration.

/hug
+5% +5%

Let's close this topic quickly and go back to being productive :)

Offline fuzzy

Rune - I think if you removed some of your rhetoric and bluster from the forum, and stuck to concise, practical posts about the topics at hand, it would go a long way to improving your reputation with some of the members.

Just my two BTS.

@fuzzy regarding the employment thing, I now realize it could be seen wrong and offensive, and for that I am sorry. It literally didn't occur to me before. I come from a privileged position where I have always been lucky and have never had to be careful about throwing myself at whatever I wanted. I failed to understand not everyone sees it this way, and I'm sorry for not taking that into consideration.

/hug

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Just my two BTS.

Offline GaltReport

There are now 2 posts with several pages devoted to my character assassination.
As I wrote elsewhere I currently own only 10 million BTS and nothing else. I
bought in at 60 million. While this has been happening I've lost 50% of my life
savings because I bet all on BTS. That doesn't disturb me though, I knew what I
was getting into. Being publicly attacked like this, on the other hand, is
seriously not fun.

I hope you guys one day realize what you have done and how it would feel if
this was done to you. I guess it is in vain, though, you will simply dismiss
this as me being "manipulative".
... it is in fact quite offensive to tell someone you
don't know in person, and learn about 3 weeks ago .. to tell that he should
quit his job to work on a highly speculative and risky business while having a
family to feed!! You just CANT do that

I agree with this and it bothers me maybe the most.  It's indicative of an irresponsible person at best and maybe pathological at worst (demonstrating a lack of concern for the consequences of one's words/actions on other people...lack of empathy...people are just objects to be manipulated to achieve one's goals). 

I don't care how much many anyone has.  Character counts.

But as Fuzzy said, people here are tired.  I agree and will try to stick to my own recommendation for arms-length relationships.

Offline oldman

• View Profile
There is vast wealth to be made and lost in BitShares.

The grace period of benign actors will soon end and human nature will take over - greed, power, corruption.

It will be fascinating to see how a technology designed from the ground up to resist these forces actually performs.

Storm's coming, hope BM will get the ship to harbour before it hits.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Lets calm down.  Rune is passionate and apparently young. 

Lets not judge or accuse.  Lets just do right ourselves. 

We want people with money, passion, and ambition like rune.  We just need to keep it real, open, and honest.

You have to judge and accuse to protect people.  It is a sad fact.  trust everyone is the naive sucker's creed.  I've been in very similar situations before and once the money was paid out and I had already left the community in disgust, the person turned on the community almost instantly. I mean same result would have happened regardless as they didn't listen to me or even wished to hear it.  This crypto-currency world due to its nature attracts sophisticated questionable types..  All scams have some initial state where trust is established.

So what is the right thing to do in these cases ?

Anyway.  I will admit that I may very well be wrong about Rune.  It is largely conjecture on my part what his motives really are.   So there is always the chance that I am wrong and that is downside to this sort of thing.  It is up to everyone to read the arguments and make up their mind what is likely. 
I speak for myself and only myself.

merockstar

I'm confused.

If I want to set up a multiple person delegate, I'm just going to do it-- everyone else be damned.

Anyone else can too. That's the point right?

sumantso

We want people with money, passion, and ambition like rune.  We just need to keep it real, open, and honest.

The real thing which matters here, sadly.

Offline fuzzy

I have never said otherwise.  Honesty is priceless.  His admitting my concern is based on a logical progression of thought based on a pretty solid PATTERN of behavior... or at least some empathy and understanding how this came across so blatantly bad would go MILES toward fixing this.  Trust is earned
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 01:47:59 pm by fuzzy »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
*agreed* ..

still every member (BM included) needs to consider his written words in such that it transports the intended information .. and leaves as few degrees of freedom for interpretation as possible (no reading between the lines) .. especially considering that there is financial interest involved and plenty of competitors (pfff)

</IMHO>