Author Topic: Cloud mining  (Read 3944 times)

Offline bit

• View Profile
Re: Cloud mining
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 09:47:55 am »
Thanks for the help, the mistake was all mine, the receiving address was wrong, and that is why the miner won't connect.

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 03:30:30 pm »
Hello all, I am trying to mine with ptsminer, under Debian 7 on 2 clouds (IaaS) now, and the two of them are saying
"connecting to 54.201.26.128:1337
no connection to the server, reconnecting in 10 seconds"

apparently 1337 port is closed, I tried adding a firewall rule, but that does not seem to fix the problem. The one cloud provider is running Open Stack:

here is how I added the firewall rule:
http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/content/Launching_Instances_using_Dashboard.html#security_groups_add_rule

Can you help me?

While SSH'd into the server do this.

Code: [Select]
telnet 54.201.26.128 1337

That will tell you if you can hit the port or not.

I tried that and the screen goes blank, I think that I connects, but still when I run the miner, I says no Connection trying to reconnect. This is with ptsbeeer miner, the same goes for the pts coyote miner. Now I am trying to download the cpu miner of pts pool, to see if I will get a result.

Btw, the cloud instance that I am trying is Google Compute Engine, does anyone has experience with that?

port is open then

get miner from git and compile it there
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline JohnD

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 09:52:09 am »
Hello all, I am trying to mine with ptsminer, under Debian 7 on 2 clouds (IaaS) now, and the two of them are saying

apparently 1337 port is closed, I tried adding a firewall rule, but that does not seem to fix the problem. The one cloud provider is running Open Stack:

http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/content/Launching_Instances_using_Dashboard.html#security_groups_add_rule

Can you help me?

I tried that and the screen goes blank, I think that I connects, but still when I run the miner, I says no Connection trying to reconnect. This is with ptsbeeer miner, the same goes for the pts coyote miner. Now I am trying to download the cpu miner of pts pool, to see if I will get a result.

Btw, the cloud instance that I am trying is Google Compute Engine, does anyone has experience with that?

I am mining with googles compute engine on ypool without issues.
Donate if you like it:
PTS: Pi236u2LoqHjt8xs75YdQ7ZEFGuMqVd9sJ
BTC: 1AngSrJcBxG3zBks8DnPzvTU3Q2d678XaF

Offline bit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 09:01:27 am »

Can you help me?

Offline jedixjarf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 09:30:22 pm »

Can you help me?

If I helped in anyway please say thanks with some PTS :P

PTS:PZmevKSeb6g12hPDs8MkaFrMgw7cjNJZDa

Offline bit

• View Profile
Cloud mining
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 02:25:51 pm »

Can you help me?