Author Topic: Does the client sync with the blockchain when my wallet is locked?  (Read 1923 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Yep .. transaction keys are derived from the account private key .. which is encrypted with the passphrase

Offline 70231f697a2b3c2b

• View Profile
Yes, wallet sync with blockchain when locked, I don't know how to see progress without unlocking, but you can see that it's still sync by CPU usage.

Good stuff.  Thanks!

afaik, the blockchain is being synced when the wallet is locked, but the blocks are not scanned for incoming transactions.
Only when unlocking the wallet, then those synced blocks are scanned and incoming tx's are read.

Ah.  That is because of how TITAN works, right?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
afaik, the blockchain is being synced when the wallet is locked, but the blocks are not scanned for incoming transactions.
Only when unlocking the wallet, then those synced blocks are scanned and incoming tx's are read.

I might be wrong on this, so do correct me if I am.
No need .. all you say is true!

Offline arubi

• View Profile

I might be wrong on this, so do correct me if I am.

Offline testz

Once the BitShares X client has finished launching – but before I've entered my wallet password – does the client immediately begin syncing with the blockchain, or do I need to unlock my wallet before it can do that?

If so, is there a way to see sync progress without unlocking my wallet?

Yes, wallet sync with blockchain when locked, I don't know how to see progress without unlocking, but you can see that it's still sync by CPU usage.

Offline 70231f697a2b3c2b

• View Profile
Once the BitShares X client has finished launching – but before I've entered my wallet password – does the client immediately begin syncing with the blockchain, or do I need to unlock my wallet before it can do that?

If so, is there a way to see sync progress without unlocking my wallet?