Author Topic: Wallet Not Connected despite trying all the tricks  (Read 8392 times)

Offline yvg1900

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yvg1900
I recently observed similar behaviour for some time - upgraded from 0.4.16, and found that wallet does not even start syncing.

Deleted everything except "wallets" folder, and after this entered exactly state being discussed here. Wallet was showing 12 connections:

Code: [Select]
>> getinfo

{
  "blockchain_head_block_num": 0,
  "blockchain_head_block_age": null,
  "blockchain_head_block_timestamp": null,
  "blockchain_average_delegate_participation": "0.00 %",
  "blockchain_confirmation_requirement": 202,
  "blockchain_share_supply": "2,499,002,518.57146 BTS",
  "blockchain_blocks_left_in_round": 101,
  "blockchain_next_round_time": null,
  "blockchain_next_round_timestamp": null,
  "blockchain_random_seed": "0000000000000000000000000000000000000000",
  "client_data_dir": "C:/Users/yvg/AppData/Roaming/BitShares",
  "client_version": "v0.4.24",
  "network_num_connections": 12,
  "network_num_connections_max": 200,
  "network_chain_downloader_running": false,
  "network_chain_downloader_blocks_remaining": null,
  "ntp_time": "2014-11-30T09:54:55",
  "ntp_time_error": 0.82485600000000003,
  "wallet_open": true,
  "wallet_unlocked": true,
  "wallet_unlocked_until": "12 days in the future",
  "wallet_unlocked_until_timestamp": "2014-12-11T23:40:32",
  "wallet_last_scanned_block_timestamp": null,
  "wallet_scan_progress": "0.00 %",
  "wallet_block_production_enabled": false,
  "wallet_next_block_production_time": null,
  "wallet_next_block_production_timestamp": null
}

Somehow after [reasonably long] time [tens of minutes] wallet suddenly started syncing. Was it coincident or not, but it was right after I clicked "Overview" (I think it was coincident).

Another thing I currently observe (still syncing) is that "Successfully pushed sync block" count written to p2p.log does not match to one shown in GUI - getinfo shows more or less correct synchronization state, but block count shown in sync status popup in GUI lags really a lot.

CPU load is nearly 100%, and only process using it is BitShares.exe.

Currently I run client on an old Core 2 2.16 GHz machine with 4 Gb RAM (Win7 64-bit), so it can be that either client has some issues when running on slower/older hardware (especially because of some rare thread synchronization issues tend to show up on slow systems and resource starving conditions), or synchronization state visualization inconsistency.

At the moment of writing, "Last block synced" popup shows only about 56000 blocks (and stays in this state for half an hour or so), while getinfo shows 634000 blocks. Execution time of getinfo command is more than 10 seconds.

Follow @yvg1900 on Twitter for yam miner updates and support

Offline hotpotato

• View Profile
Scan progress is always 0 i had this problem I deleted by config file.. looks like outdated nodes in that file thay wont connect.. dont know if the client gives up trying in time because seems no syncing with older config file there must be some good nodes in there... latest bitcoin does a good job of handling this.

Anyways delete config file and ur good

Already tried with deleting the files but it still wont work.Thanks for your help though.

@hotpotato:  the output from the "get_info" command that you want to look at to see if it is syncing with the blockchain is "blockchain_head_block_age"

I also at some points have deleted everything in my .bitshares folder ((EXCEPT THE WALLETS FOLDER, DON'T DELETE THAT!)) to get it happily syncing again. 

I know it's frustrating. They're still working out the bugs :-)

If it's burning you out I suggest turning on some good dancing music (at high volume), decompress, and try again later --  This is still early, early in the life of this software.  You could think of it as being one of the first test drivers of the horseless carriage!  I'm sure there were plenty of glitches before they got around to racing...

Tried deleting everything(except wallets folder) but still get_info is giving me "blockchain_head_block_age": null,

Will take a break and try again later.As for music I have this chill track playing in the background now .Oh, not allowed to post external links. :o

We sure are still in the very early stages.Your horseless carriage analogy brought a smile to my face.Am sure the bts team will come up with a noob friendly, polished product soon.

Offline mira

• View Profile
@hotpotato:  the output from the "get_info" command that you want to look at to see if it is syncing with the blockchain is "blockchain_head_block_age"

I also at some points have deleted everything in my .bitshares folder ((EXCEPT THE WALLETS FOLDER, DON'T DELETE THAT!)) to get it happily syncing again. 

I know it's frustrating. They're still working out the bugs :-)

If it's burning you out I suggest turning on some good dancing music (at high volume), decompress, and try again later --  This is still early, early in the life of this software.  You could think of it as being one of the first test drivers of the horseless carriage!  I'm sure there were plenty of glitches before they got around to racing...

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Scan progress is always 0 i had this problem I deleted by config file.. looks like outdated nodes in that file thay wont connect.. dont know if the client gives up trying in time because seems no syncing with older config file there must be some good nodes in there... latest bitcoin does a good job of handling this.

Anyways delete config file and ur good
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline hotpotato

• View Profile
@mira
Thanks for for your help but get_info command keeps showing "wallet_scan_progress": "0.00 %" .Will leave it on for a while but am just tired now.Hope it will get fixed in the next release.

Offline oakmaster

have you tried typing the command "get_info" in the console to make sure it isn't syncing?  I had the problem with my gui saying "not connected" for a long while.  I then tried the magical formula of quitting the program and restarting it again a few times, and eventually, even though it said it wasn't connected, if I repeatedly typed in "get_info" i could see that it was syncing because the number of days it was behind was reducing.  Eventually it just caught up and everything is fine now...
just checked it the way u suggested it was downloading its just a little aggravating everything was fine till this patch thanks for the tip though i probably uninstalled and re-installed this wallet 50 times for no reason again thanks for the help 

Offline mira

• View Profile
have you tried typing the command "get_info" in the console to make sure it isn't syncing?  I had the problem with my gui saying "not connected" for a long while.  I then tried the magical formula of quitting the program and restarting it again a few times, and eventually, even though it said it wasn't connected, if I repeatedly typed in "get_info" i could see that it was syncing because the number of days it was behind was reducing.  Eventually it just caught up and everything is fine now...

Offline hotpotato

• View Profile
^ I am facing the same problem.Tried everything on win7 & win8 but it just won't sync.

Offline oakmaster

I dont no whats up with this wallet it never wants to connect or it dosnt respond just locks up I tried everything uninstalled everything reinstalled it than it takes a year to download the blockchain again cause it stops responding and everytime i install the new patch I wont do nothing I had no problems with this wallet till this change the wallet does no good if ppl cant use it could someone please see if there is a way to get it fixed I no Im not the only one with problems

Offline hammurabi

• View Profile
I have similar issue. Not connected.
Scott Howard's build run on Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS.

Offline BitCoin Operated Boy

• View Profile

• View Profile
I already did like I explained above. It didn't help...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
paging @vikram @toast @bytemaster

sorry dude ... never seen that happen .. you have connections but the wallet won't download ..
maybe you delete everything from the %APPDATA%\BitShares X folder EXCEPT(!!!!!) the "wallets" folder and try again ..

this is odd!

• View Profile
Thanks for reply.

No, there is no firewall on any kind. Neither on my router nor in my Windows firewal settings (programs is allowed through firewall).

Yesterday, the wallet worked fine but today when I started it, it said there was an error last time I closed the program and it asked me for permission to re-scan again. I clicked "yes" and since then it's been showing "Not Connected".

Then I went through all the procedures mantioned above with no effect

« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 04:30:10 pm by BitCoin Operated Boy »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Code: [Select]
  "client_version": "v0.4.23.1",
  "network_num_connections": 2,
That seems ok .. Just let it run a little longer .. no idea why it has a connection but has not yet loaded blocks ..

are you running a firewall of some kind?