Author Topic: Web wallet integrated with centralized exchange  (Read 1254 times)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
If you host your own web wallet which is responsible for talkign to the daemon (i.e. bit core) then your shopping cart plugins etc can be built to talk to web wallets instead of daemons to improve security and have single places for checks to ensure transactions are secure.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline valzav

• View Profile
I agree this would be most user friendly scenario.
But there are several difficulties involved, like:
1. credit card's payment can be charged back, BitShares transaction cannot be reversed, so centralized exchange needs to take chargebacks risk
2. web wallet needs to be hosted on some website that belongs to centralized entity, so this centralized entity/exchange needs to take risk of holding client's private keys/funds
As far as I know BitShares team is working on solutions to both problems and I hope initial user experience will improve dramatically very soon.

Offline nathansobo

• View Profile
Forgive me if this idea has been floated already.

Friction is the enemy of adoption, and my first BitShares purchase involved way too many steps. A good way to reduce friction would be to offer a decentralized web wallet that integrates seamlessly with a centralized exchange. You go to the wallet, set up your account, and then immediately enter your credit card number and fund the account. When you want to cash out of your position it's similarly bridged back into fiat right in the web wallet.

Getting a little crazier, there are more things you could do with the centralized component, like offering social integration that makes it really easy to find and transact with friends.

How can the power of this system be packaged in a maximally convenient and approachable way without compromising the core ideals?