Author Topic: NXT scripting language "Jinn"  (Read 2780 times)

Offline JinnDavid

• View Profile
Just here to confirm that we do not have ANYTHING to do with Nxtty. Nor is Jinn a NXT project. NXT applications *can* use it, just like other cryptos. Jinn processors can be utilized in anyway engineers/developers can come up with, no restrictions.
We're aiming for the Internet-of-Things market first and foremost as well as solving some back end issues for software and gaming platforms.

If anyone finds the project interesting and want to learn more, the website will be done soon with more info. If anyone happens to be a computer science whiz and find the project interesting: feel free to PM.

Offline racingdude

• View Profile
They also make more effort for  market cap such as if you bring newer will get 500nxty. Now more and more community has realized user is god. So how about bts , how do bts fight this time. Edn of this month or this year. Market cap wiil show us the turth wich is bter .

That's a Nxtty project - secure mobile app for communications. It has nothing to do with Jinn project. Two different projects and different teams.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Is this satire?

I doubt it. Come from Beyond is a prolific personality in the Bitcoin community. Whether or not his code works is another matter because at this point I cannot figure out exactly what he's trying to do and there isn't any clear specs. That doesn't mean that they aren't up to something or working on stuff in secret.

They also make more effort for  market cap such as if you bring newer will get 500nxty. Now more and more community has realized user is god. So how about bts , how do bts fight this time. Edn of this month or this year. Market cap wiil show us the turth wich is bter .
If you believe in the "user is God" model then review some discussions I had where we discussed implementing something similar for SAFE Network: https://www.maidsafe.org/t/decentralized-payment-culture/450/72?u=luckybit

The main concept I was promoting at the time was the bee pollination algorithm. It was discussed with the SAFE Network team and that thread is the initial discussion.

The summary of concept points which led to the bee pollination algorithm:

I'm glad you appreciate it. It all starts with the right frame. We must speak of them as users/partners but never as consumers. This is because partners are part of the business and in the era of decentralized autonomous companies any user can work for this sort of business.

The customer paradigm was necessary because in the physical world there are these strict boundaries but in our space we don't have the same rules.

Farmers <-> Miners
Builders <-> Developers
Users <-> Partners

All stakeholders.

As you can see I advocate we use our own language to free ourselves from concepts which were designed to produce what I call "slave menality". We have to liberate our frames from outdated expressions and we don't have the same limitations so the same words don't apply.

Bee pollination algorithms might be useful to Swarm. I think it's in the best interest of Swarmcorp to consider implementing this algorithm in some form. My arguments and reasoning is that it's critical we form a long term symbiosis between automation and mankind.

DACs, decentralized applications, to these entities the user is like the bee. The pollen are the shares that the users should earn by using the app. This allows the user and decentralized app to co-evolve. It produces convergence. There are also some very interesting but in my opinion very positive side effects associated with this which should be explored.

Research paper on the subject below
http://arxiv.org/abs/1312.5673

My posts to the MaidSafe community and Bitshares community:

I'm convinced that the bee pollination algorithm is the key to exponential growth of an industry. It is that algorithm which explains why we have flowers and plants all over the earth.

I think for a decentralized Internet we should study the ant colony but if we want to deal with swarm intelligence we must study bees.

The participants are the bees.
The DACs are the flowers.
The shares are the pollen.
The computing resources and electricity are like the land (MaidSafe/Storj).

Give this a read and then my metaphor and perspective will make sense

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1312.5673.pdf

The bee pollination algorithm is something I believe is very significant and could be the key to exponential growth for SAFE Network.

Some observations below, please correct anything which I get wrong

Users are like bees.
Decentralized apps are like flowers.
Computing resources and electricity are like land.
The network is like the intelligent swarm of bees/ants.
Farmers provide the land so the flowers can grow to attract bees.
Builders create the most attractive decentralized apps/flowers.

I've communicated this to the Swarm/Counterparty community, SAFE Network/MaidSafe community, and the Bitshares Community. I did not communicate much with NXT but a goal this summer was to promote a model which flips the ad revenue model upside down so that the users of decentralized applications get paid to be early testers of these applications. It's similar to bees because it creates a symbiotic relationship between user and dAPP/DAC where dAPP/DACs pay users for attention.

If all the communities do that and it becomes a trend then it will attract users to all of these communities. Users/bees must be attracted by gifts/pollen. Shares I wont use because it could confuse people. If not enough people use a particular decentralized application or DAC it means the decentralized application or DAC needs to more efficiently spread it's incentives. So in that way it is a lot like a flower which hasn't been discovered yet by the bee hive.

I don't know what NXT plans to do but it seems all these communities are going to compete for users. All DACs must also compete for user attention. This is very good for users but I think Jinn is something else. Jinn is about decentralized computation while Storj/SAFE Network are about decentralized storage. Jinn is designed in a way where I cannot determine whether or not it could work nor do I understand why it has such an exotic design but time will tell and the more dangerous the dAPP/DAC the more it should reward early adopters.

The bee pollination was meant to be a metaphor to help us come up with our own language. It describes how a user centric ecosystem could function based on the symbiosis between bees and flowers. In my opinion we need to spend more time on reframing old concepts or generating new concepts (based on evidence/science).
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 03:13:56 am by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline jckj

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
They are using trits not bits?! wow .. need to read more ..

from an information theoretical point of view .. this just comlicates things :)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
https://nxtforum.org/pub-crawl/rfc-project-'jinn'-(processor)/
https://nxtforum.org/jinn/jinn-distributed-computing/
https://github.com/Come-from-Beyond/Jiniri/tree/master/Java/src/cfb/jiniri
Looks like they are working on scripting and distributed computing. Interesting for anyone who owns NXT and I wonder what Bytemaster thinks of this?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 12:06:21 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads