Author Topic: Property Management DAC Idea  (Read 1691 times)

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
Nice ideas. Likely to benefit parties on both sides, and remove corruptible intermediate management. Keen to hear more as this project develops. I am not sure how this fits into a typical DAC 'trading' format, I am sure someone will chip in to explain a bit more...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 07:29:13 pm by pgbit »

Offline weiry

• View Profile
A property management company that handles listings, reputation management, security deposits, documentation/messaging, payment processing, repair tickets, and arbitration.

Reputation Management:

This would allow Lessors, Lessees and Maintenance Entities to develop reputations over time. This would enable market participants to only engage with other participants who have a history of fair participation.

I initially imagine that this would be based on Payment History, Speed of Service, Arbitration Results, Etc.

Security Deposits:

Security deposits would be held by the blockchain with conditional full or partial release based upon the consensus of the Lessor and Lessee. In the event of a disputed outcome the Security Deposit release is determined based on arbitration.

Documentation:

The blockchain would hold Leases and communication between Lessor, Lessee and potential third parties.

Billing & Payment Processing:

The blockchain could automatically generate invoices, hold record of payment, allow for downward adjustment of monthly rents at the landlords discretion, increase according to lease schedule of payments, etc.  Fees here would be one portion of the DACs funding model.

Repair Tickets:

Could be automatically sent to landlords preferred maintenance entity. Invoicing and Payment processing could be a feature here that would allow for fee generation.

Arbitration:

An arbitration system could allow for high reputation entities to provide anonymous decision making in disputes. This is a complex area, but I'm envisioning a system in which three entities vote on two outcomes proposed by the parties with the dispute. A fee here would be paid to arbitrators.

Thoughts?

I'm not a programmer. But I could help think it through, develop specifications and would work on marketing. As someone who's lost thousands of dollars due to incompetent and unethical property management companies I'd be quite interested in seeing something like this come to market.