Author Topic: Delegate Classifications  (Read 1390 times)

Offline kisa

• View Profile
So you would suggest to name the delegates accordingly?

25% tech.delegate.xeroc
40% support.delegate.xeroc
20% marketing.delegate.xeroc
15% development.delegate.xeroc
?

I like that idea ... however, if you want to do a subset of all of them?

I'd say we make the delegate publish a page/document that describes purpose/goals/finance (however that page might be easy to *change* afterwards

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Ah.. ok ..
AFAIK cass ia working on sth like this ...

Offline Pheonike

It does not have to be reflected in their name. But when we get some kind of delegates site, it would be useful to know what your delegates stands for.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
So you would suggest to name the delegates accordingly?

tech.delegate.xeroc
support.delegate.xeroc
marketing.delegate.xeroc
development.delegate.xeroc
?

I like that idea ... however, if you want to do a subset of all of them?

I'd say we make the delegate publish a page/document that describes purpose/goals/finance (however that page might be easy to *change* afterwards

Offline Pheonike

I know its been discuss to death, but i do think we need to define categories for types of delegates. Since on a technical level there is nothing to distinguish what delegates do. There should be some type of classification so at glance we know what their role is. Just like a company has different departments that focus on different aspects of the business. Here are some I thoughts of below

Marketing Delegate - promotes and expand user base. Works on branding with online/offline campaigns
Developer Delegate - Works on adding new functionality/Dapps to Bitshares
Technical Delegate - Standard delegate. Signs blocks. Help test new features/functions in client. Quality control.
Communications Delegate - Coordinates projects between delegates. Moderates communications within Bitshares (what Fuzz does ;) )

Again there are no required code changes. Just a way to make since on what everyone is contributing if they are a delegate.