Author Topic: Bitsharesx windows 64 & 32 bit versions for .20 through to .23 Help Please  (Read 1672 times)

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
As v0.4.23.1 will not start, shall I just wait for a new release? 

Which file do I need to protect before deleting/uninstalling everything?

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
ok i'm trying to run the correct version but the application will not start.

It either opens to a blank screen with only the file menu or the initial screen with 'starting bitsharesx' message at the bottom of the blue screen.....but then nothing happens and if you click onto the screen it simply disappears.  It looks as though no reindexing is taking place or anything.

I'm at a total loss as uninsalling and reinstalling makes no difference.

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
Yes i left the app on the start up screen for several minutes

I will try using the 0.4.23.1 release then get back to you....will have to wait until after work.

Thanks for the help guys.

Offline svk

I had a working windows .20 version for 64 bit then installed .23 64 bit, wallet would not start correctly.  Tried all the normal stuff, reinstall, uninstall, delete apps roaming folder....all to no avail.  Tried to reinstall .20 version but now nothing works.  App either fails to open at all or the starting window opens then goes nowhere....if you click on it, it simply disappears. Any ideas on how to proceed would be very much appreciated.

The v0.4.23 executable had a compilation problem, did you try using the latest v0.4.23.1?

https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx/releases/tag/v0.4.23.1
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
If you upgrade from .20 to the most recent there will be a "reindexing" .. which might take several minutes .. How long did you wait?

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
I had a working windows .20 version for 64 bit then installed .23 64 bit, wallet would not start correctly.  Tried all the normal stuff, reinstall, uninstall, delete apps roaming folder....all to no avail.  Tried to reinstall .20 version but now nothing works.  App either fails to open at all or the starting window opens then goes nowhere....if you click on it, it simply disappears. Any ideas on how to proceed would be very much appreciated.