Author Topic: Cannot upgrade to v0.4.23  (Read 1485 times)

Offline svk

Yea v0.4.23.1 isn't optional for Windows, only for Linux/Mac. That should've been made clear in the release text I guess, but as Xeroc said it adressed a compilation error for Windows executables for v0.4.23
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
yhea, ... at the moment the client needs some time to start connecting .. at least it seems that way ..
I think by now, the devs are aware of those connectivity issues.

Anyway, good yours is syncing now.

Welcome to the community, btw!

rustbucket

hi xeroc,

thanks for your help. downloading 04.23.1 has helped somewhat - in as far as bitsharesX now opens at least, though the API no longer shows a version number n the login screen - but i'm back to the old problem of having no connections.

any further help would be appreciated.

adrian

----wait, scratch that - it appears to be synching now: perhaps you could put the advice on github that v04.23.1 is not optional after all but probably essential. thanks
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 11:12:27 am by rustbucket »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
would you please try version 0.4.23.1!
0.4.22 won't work any longer due to a network upgrade
0.4.23 had an issue during compilation that only affects windows users

so please try 0.4.23.1

rustbucket

hi

getting a little bit irritated by these continuing network problems....

opened wallet version v0.4.22 only to find that i yet again had no network connections. checked out github and saw that there's a new version v0.4.23

downloaded it and installed it for windows x64 but when i open it i am again presented with v0.4.22. what do i need to do to install this new version? the previous install for v0.4.22 did not require me to uninstall anything first, do i need to do that for v0.4023 and if so, what do i keep before uninstalling and deleting the older version.

thank you in advance for any help,

adrian hughes