Author Topic: insufficient funds?  (Read 3617 times)

Offline theoretical

Correction, you don't add the address, you add the public key with wallet_add_contact_account.
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline vikram

If I understand your explanation correctly; it seems that this should work. I have made a note about it: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues/916

Currently you must always add an address as a local account before sending funds to it. There will be a command to send directly to an address in the future, but such a change has been stuck in low priority.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
That is odd .. I recently emptied an account successfully .. strange

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile
Answering my own post here.....
It seems it is impossible to completely empty a wallet?  Or perhaps there are rounding errors?

Changing the transaction to 0.09 BTSX instead of 0.1 BTSX and thus leaving 0.01 BTSX in the wallet after the transaction fee, allowed the transaction to go through.

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile
I have a wallet with two accounts in it.  One account is registered on the blockchain and the other I just imported using a Wif private key - it is not registered on the blockchain.  The imported account has exactly 0.2 BTSX in it (I am testing cold storage ::)).  I am now trying to send 0.1 BTSX to the account in my wallet which is registered on the blockchain and I am getting the error "insufficient funds".  The wallet is set with a transaction fee of 0.1 BTSX.

Can anyone see where I am going wrong here?

Another question: With a NON-registered account, how do you send fund to a BTSX address?  Do you always have to create a new contact and use an account_name or is there a field somewhere where you can enter the whole public key?