Author Topic: Proposal: Fast Firmly-Pegged Virtual bitUSD  (Read 3425 times)

Offline fuzzy

+5%

Keep it up tony.. someday I'm sure you will find bitTony's on bitshares platform.  Imma short the hell out of them  8)

I was about to post a 'funny' response... Then I realized it might be better to make sure you know what you are saying. So
You realize that shorting any of my assets is actually strongly believing it is going no where, and you are even ready to put your money behind this distrust...

LOL!  there's that good ol' tony fire! 

I just mean I can't see keeping a shoebox full of notes with you on them. A magazine or two...maybe    ;D
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

zerosum

+5%

Keep it up tony.. someday I'm sure you will find bitTony's on bitshares platform.  Imma short the hell out of them  8)

I was about to post a 'funny' response... Then I realized it might be better to make sure you know what you are saying. So
You realize that shorting any of my assets is actually strongly believing it is going no where, and you are even ready to put your money behind this distrust...

Offline fuzzy

+5%

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline monsterer

Since there is no bitUSD/USD market, how do you propose to tell when bitUSD is undervalued or overvalued?
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

zerosum

[UPDATE]
Draft 1.0
... kind of put up there in the OP.
tonyk2, at first glance this reads to me like a market-making strategy in bitUSD, funded by an investor group. I'm assuming the trading operation would be implemented by a bot. This would help bitUSD pegging but still hold risk for the market-maker.
I was a bit confused by the option part, perhaps you could explain the intent and procedure there a bit more.
Yes, I know it is bare-bone... I am probably trying to do something impossible - explain it in a way that is understandable for everyone.
But yes, I intend to put far more info in that regard, as well as a few other areas, I personally find very important.
(Sorry for the messy draft btw)

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
[UPDATE]
Draft 1.0
tonyk2, at first glance this reads to me like a market-making strategy in bitUSD, funded by an investor group. I'm assuming the trading operation would be implemented by a bot. This would help bitUSD pegging but still hold risk for the market-maker.
I was a bit confused by the option part, perhaps you could explain the intent and procedure there a bit more.

zerosum

[UPDATE]
Draft 1.0
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 05:33:16 am by tonyk2 »

Offline monsterer

My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

zerosum

« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 05:13:04 am by tonyk2 »

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile

zerosum

Ohh poor shorts... every decision tends to make their life even more miserable in one shape or another...

Not a decision, just a guess of what the idea would be.

No, in its current form it does not make shorts life shorter (or more miserable) :)
However in order to work, at its finest, certain amount of re-donation might make the proposal more powerful.

(that's all, I am allowed to say for now)

Offline bytemaster

Ohh poor shorts... every decision tends to make their life even more miserable in one shape or another...

Not a decision, just a guess of what the idea would be.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

zerosum

Offline bytemaster

Forcing shorts to cover at a 10% above feed price would probably do it.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Vizzini

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vizzini
Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.