Author Topic: My experience as financial adviser so far  (Read 52410 times)

Offline fuzzy

This is where something like a "BlockUniversity" would be interesting.  We could use a Delegate to help pay off a house and renovate it.  Turn it into a Soup-Kitchen and give it wifi.  A partnership with a company selling used laptops/cell phones could get them access and we give everyone the opportunity to help sustain the ecosystem by learning about blocktech like bitShares and earn a living from it. 

If we support MANY altchains it could be very plausible that at least a few out of every hundred or so people fed and sheltered would be capable and interested in furthering progress, running delegates in altchains and earning funds for it.  A small portion of those funds could then be used to continue expansion from one house to many.  Eventually an entire block (or two...three?). 

Regardless.  I will gladly give you a tip as well.  Thank you for all you do.  Please contact me via PM and maybe we can work something out to continue helping you for what you do. 

Oh...on final thing.  Please accept any help our community is willing/able to give!

Edit:  Many of these things would take a good bit of time to mature, but this is intended to be a thought experiment that brings to light the possibilities.  My belief is that people who are homeless oftentimes are suffering from problems far out of the reach of "monetary" incentives.  But giving MEANING to people's lives does a world of good. 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 05:03:49 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline gamey

• View Profile
very hard time, every day so hard

You have a fascinating life.  A lot of people would look down on you, but I've always had a place in my heart for those go it their own way, regardless of what led them there.

If you could capture some of this with a video camera.  A cheap phone? Then upload that to Youtube.  I don't have much money right now to be donating, but I would definitely be more inspired if we could somehow see you in action. 

I'm not sure if this is feasible or you would be comfortable doing it, but please keep us in the loop.

edit - I also think that posting videos would help evangelize even further and hopefully more of our community could give you some funds.  Although I am hesistant to put expectations forward, as people are selfish in general and those expecting to be tipped any sort of substantial amount are so often let down.  (and by substantial, I mean $20-$50 a few times a month ...)

Videos would have demonstratable value and have the chance of going viral.  I am not sure about organizing homeless people, but I think videos might be a step into being paid more than a tiny few tips.  That would be some unique content to say the least.

Anyway, I hope you have a great day and don't let stuff get you down too much.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 11:19:29 pm by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

I give you an Idea... (seriously)
Since we want to promote bts for the freedom we can get using it. Let's show them real life examples!
Tell your story on a post, and consider to get a delegate !!! Ask our community how much payrate they would give you to begin promote bitshares from the position you are right now...
(Don't worry about the server cost's and the technical part to maintain a delegate position. I offer you to host your delegate on my server here in Greece and to manage it like I do for my personal delegate...)
Get a street marketer. Help maybe other homeless people out introducing them bitshares and tipping them with part of your delegate income.Get creative, think what you can do. Make videos explaining how you manage to move on promoting bitshares creatively.
I think it would be very interesting to watch your videos. It would be a killer story if you could get a bitshares delegate and keep your position because you are doing well promoting it in your way.  Ho knows... maybe one of your videos will get viral... maybe more people think your story and your relationship with bitshares is interesting... get the attention and anything else will come...  Just trying to inspire you , I am sure you have better ideas than that... ;)

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

Your journey with a video camera would be interesting. Best of luck to you.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

38PTSWarrior

Offline gamey

• View Profile
So you are homeless in Amsterdam?  What is your citizenship?  Fascinating.

Do you have a video camera?  Too bad you couldn't make some videos of your life and your journey to spread the BTS.
I speak for myself and only myself.

38PTSWarrior

Wait with sending anything please. With "I need a tip" I meant some ideas on how to show the people what BitShares is all about on the street. I am not connected to the network also. I will print out some info material soon. Then I will use some of my Euros I make every day and make a picture or a story about how I used them to help someone.

Thanks for your help, I am fine. Talk to you soon.

Riverhead, on the weekend it's around 25-30 for a dormitory. Maybe I will leave Amsterdam, then everything will be cheaper.

Which material should I have, to print out to show to people? If you could name a few infos, but chill, I think I know what to do. No, I need a little assitance to be honest.

I need a way to help someone and to proof it to the delegates, that I am not a scammer. Let's say I pay someone some shoes, how should I document that?

Edit: Pneumonia, bedbugs.. Don*t worry I eat good food every day.

I have no connection with bank account to BTC. The only way I know of getting money out is selling BTC on Localbitcoins. Because I travel with everything I am constantly worried of losing my computer or that someone hacks me. It takes so long to build and sync, I will do this soon and then tell you if it is safe to send to my btsx account, thanks!

« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 08:23:22 pm by 38PTSWarrior »

Offline Riverhead

What is the price to stay in a hostel over a weekend? Do you have a way of getting from bitUSD to fiat? You can't wear any of your hats if you have pneumonia.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Perfect opportunity for the charity delegates to pay out some bitUSD ..

Subscribing to the thread .. will come back to you later today

Offline bytemaster

I strongly support your out reach, but I do not support using shareholder funds for it.   

I'll send you 25 bit usd personally. 

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

38PTSWarrior

I walk around and introduce myself as an entertainer and financial adviser since a year. The people can choose between jokes, poems, etc. and then I also tell them about bitshares. I am somehow a panhandler/comedian/cryptoadviser but I only make 20-30 Euro per day. Not enough. 50 would be enough. I tell the people that I am freemarket and donation based and independent.

Because I stay outside on the weekends (prices of hostels too high), I meet many poor people. I would like to work with delegates to give them money/shoes/night in the hostel or a shower. To have a house to fix up homeless people is an idea I have since a while. From haircut, to new outfit, to psychological help, and so on. Out comes a new person.. :)

I usually give my username and btsx account and in case the people make some good investments, they can send me a thank you.

Besides showing them the bitshares.org website on their phones I have no offline material to show them. I need some tips from you.

Until now, I had maybe 3-5 people who paid around 5 Euro. Many told me to contact me, and I don*t give up hope, that at least one will finally send me private forum message.

I am really proud of how many people I told about how to buy btsx.

That's my situation. I need help in entrepreneurship, thank you so much